C02 mount location good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm too ****, and an avid SCUBA Diver, but I'd turn that tank around. If by small chance that tank regulator blows off....you have a missle headed towards you. Just say'n. :)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Maybe I'm too ****, and an avid SCUBA Diver, but I'd turn that tank around. If by small chance that tank regulator blows off....you have a missle headed towards you. Just say'n. :)

I hear what you are saying. I did it that way because the latches would be on top instead of the bottom. But perhaps the inconvenience over safety is worth it. But if this is unsafe regardless what way its pointing, do I really want to do this anyways? Are you saying that it looks unsafe to you?

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it's unsafe per se....but I always lean towards a bit more safety when it comes to highly compressed gases in tanks banging away in the back of a vehicle. Again, that's just me. You probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightening or winning the lottery. (Btw, my ex mother in law just won the lottery yesterday. $100gs!!!). Lucky bi$ch

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

As long as it's vertical when you use it, it will be fine? So mounting it horizontal, but using it vertical is good?

Yes, you can mount it any direction but needs to be upright when used. I had it horizontal for a year now, in another location on my rack but that broke due to the design how it was mounted. I recently purchased the actual Smittybilt mount bracket then found out it was too big to put on my rack, hence why I relocated on the bed side.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I hear what you are saying. I did it that way because the latches would be on top instead of the bottom. But perhaps the inconvenience over safety is worth it. But if this is unsafe regardless what way its pointing, do I really want to do this anyways? Are you saying that it looks unsafe to you?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Whenever I drive with my acetylene tank in the back of my truck I always point the gauges towards the cab for piece of mind. You just never know what freak thing could happen. Something in the bed could accidentally hit the top of the tank and like @MajorAR said it could become a missile to the back of the head and since we all love our Raptor brothers in an ungay way wouldn't want to see that happen. Lol.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Just a follow-up on the tank location. I ran semi-hard at Raptoberfest and that ground was rough as hell, a very bumpy ride as anyone can attest. I ran everyday and the Smittybilt bracket and tank never ever budged, thing was solid. Other things broke but not going there.

I never did the washers or turned the tank around but still planning on thin washers to spread the load.