Building an Off Road Toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Sky’s Off-Road Trauma Kit

I thought I would add to the list. I live in the middle of nowhere, Texas. In case of an emergency, I keep all sorts of supplies at the house. It could b e 20+ minutes before paramedics would arrive. This is my modified list that I made for off-roading in remote areas. Some if these items require an Rx or license to obtain. This will be my off-road bag for TRR.

1st remember that sterile supplies expire.* So this can be pricey if you have to replace unused equipment. I carry these supplies for off-road use/wilderness.**

Assess
Stethoscope
BP cuff - L & XL
Glucometer
Light
Hand sanitizer
Otoscope - great for getting bugs outta ears :)
Gloves
Pulse ox
Thermometer - w/covers

Skeletal
Ace wraps
Sam splint
Finger splint
Cold pack

Protection/Sheet
Sterile burn sheet
Sterile trauma dressing
Emergency mylar blanket

Emergency
Window punch
Airway
AED
IV caths, saline, extension tubing
Saline
C-Collar
Emergency Obstetrical kit
**** airaways

Wound
Betadine
Alcohol
Staple gun
Sutures
Saline
Steri strips
Wound adhesive
Wound coverings: tegaderm, gauze, triangle bandages, coban
Tools, sterile & non sterile – forceps, tweezers
Scissors
Eye wash & eye patches
Tape
Needles
Syringes
Scalpel
Snake bite kit
Sting kit

Meds
Lidocaine
Lidocaine with epi
Activated Charcoal
Clonidine
Labetalol
Benedryl*
50% dextrose
Glucose 15% **** solution
Glucagen for injection
Epi Pen
Thiamine IV
Silvadene
Nitrostat SL 0.4

(misc meds I’m not listing)

The most important thing I can include is an AED. Altho, there is going to be an ambulance on site...I will be on the track. Here are the statistics and why everyone should have access to and know how to use and AED.

AED's can dramatically increase the chances of survival of many cardiac arrest victims.*
• Less than 8% of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive. In many communities this can be because the time interval from activation of EMS to arrival of these medical personnel may be 7 to 8 minutes or longer.*
• Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple (approximately 15 - 24%) a victim’s chance of survival.*
• Studies suggest that when AED's are used to deliver a shock within the first minute, that the patient's heart can be restarted and be beating on its own again before EMS arrives in as high as 90% of the cases.

20140319_082451.jpg

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would add to the list. I live in the middle of nowhere, Texas. In case of an emergency, I keep all sorts of supplies at the house. It could b e 20+ minutes before paramedics would arrive. This is my modified list that I made for off-roading in remote areas. Some if these items require an Rx or license to obtain. This will be my off-road bag for TRR.

1st remember that sterile supplies expire.* So this can be pricey if you have to replace unused equipment. I carry these supplies for off-road use/wilderness.**

Assess
Stethoscope
BP cuff - L & XL
Glucometer
Light
Hand sanitizer
Otoscope - great for getting bugs outta ears :)
Gloves
Pulse ox
Thermometer - w/covers

Skeletal
Ace wraps
Sam splint
Finger splint
Cold pack

Protection/Sheet
Sterile burn sheet
Sterile trauma dressing
Emergency mylar blanket

Emergency
Window punch
Airway
AED
IV caths, saline, extension tubing
Saline
C-Collar
Emergency Obstetrical kit
**** airaways

Wound
Betadine
Alcohol
Staple gun
Sutures
Saline
Steri strips
Wound adhesive
Wound coverings: tegaderm, gauze, triangle bandages, coban
Tools, sterile & non sterile – forceps, tweezers
Scissors
Eye wash & eye patches
Tape
Needles
Syringes
Scalpel
Snake bite kit
Sting kit

Meds
Lidocaine
Lidocaine with epi
Activated Charcoal
Clonidine
Labetalol
Benedryl*
50% dextrose
Glucose 15% **** solution
Glucagen for injection
Epi Pen
Thiamine IV
Silvadene
Nitrostat SL 0.4

(misc meds I’m not listing)

The most important thing I can include is an AED. Altho, there is going to be an ambulance on site...I will be on the track. Here are the statistics and why everyone should have access to and know how to use and AED.

AED's can dramatically increase the chances of survival of many cardiac arrest victims.*
• Less than 8% of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive. In many communities this can be because the time interval from activation of EMS to arrival of these medical personnel may be 7 to 8 minutes or longer.*
• Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple (approximately 15 - 24%) a victim’s chance of survival.*
• Studies suggest that when AED's are used to deliver a shock within the first minute, that the patient's heart can be restarted and be beating on its own again before EMS arrives in as high as 90% of the cases.

View attachment 44232

Minus the meds & suture supplies pretty much what I carry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Treypal,

did you forget to list Power Steering Fluid for your spare pump, or do you just use one of the ones you listed:

Spare parts I carry.
IWE
Power Steering Pump
Wheel Speed Sensor
U joints

Fluids I carry
4 qts 5w20
2 qts ATF
1 qt gear lube 75-140 I think
half gal of ford antifreeze (gold or something like that).