Baby air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got baby air yesterday in a cow pasture after doing some shooting. I jumped a terrace a few times, but all the other ones kept me from getting any speed up, which was probably a good thing cuz the terrace was more of a ramp than it needed to be. It was kicking the ass up a good two feet off the ground although the nose only left by maybe 6-8"... Damn the east coast, I need somewhere to play! Best I can tell, if you're not on a dune, its smarter to launch off the crest in a hill as opposed to hitting a 'ramp' so the truck doesnt case quite so bad?

Baby steps right? :gayflag:

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Atta boy! Might want to save yourself some aggravation and get a stage kit from RPG. It's all fun and games until something gets hurt :Grenade:

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you're g'ing out. Did you let off the gas as your truck went over the crest?

Keeping the pedal down with the front wheels off the ground will cause the force from the rear wheels to try to rotate the truck, nose down & rear up.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats not baby air what you experienced was your raptor spreading its wings a bit stretching them out.....let that big beautiful beast fly now that you got a taste lol

OP
OP
R

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol thanks guys... man now I'm seriously jones'in to get some decent offroad work in!

Good to know kypatriot, thanks. That makes a lot of sense when ya think about it. I'd guess that I was doing about half and half (made maybe 6 runs). I never really got above about 40 mph; mainly because the field was too rough. I was trying different techniques to accelerate without upsetting the suspension much (at least that's what I was doing in my head, lol).

man these trucks are a great idea!

Banned
Reaction score
yep. once you jump it once its an addiction. soon enough you'll be jumping speed bumps in the walmart parking lot, small children, and even a prius or two.

OP
OP
R

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt going to say anything about hitting some speed humps at 60 and still not getting the wheels off the ground, you know, cuz that never happened :angels25:

haha, now anywhere I go its "yeah that would jump... no, that would probably wreck it" etc

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep. once you jump it once its an addiction. soon enough you'll be jumping speed bumps in the walmart parking lot, small children, and even a prius or two.

That's pretty funny. I've started hauling ass through lots with speed bumps. Why? Because I can! It's funny to watch cars in the rear view mirror that stay on your tail and almost wreck when they hit the speed bumps at the same speed as I do! :shocked: :ROFLJest: