Neutral - qcfx2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the lightbar was free? Shipping likely cost over $100 easy. You made out pretty well. Plus you didn't pay for the lightbar... he was throwing them in free. Technically, he has no obligation to send it. If I were him, I'd personally not even send them after all the ********. But I'm a *****, Max is a stand up dude so you'll have your free paid for lightbar and covers soon I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I thought the lightbar was free? Shipping likely cost over $100 easy. You made out pretty well. Plus you didn't pay for the lightbar... he was throwing them in free. Technically, he has no obligation to send it. If I were him, I'd personally not even send them after all the ********. But I'm a *****, Max is a stand up dude so you'll have your free paid for lightbar and covers soon I'd imagine.

In all our dealings, you are not a *****, **** tough guy. :)

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How was a light bar free in any way? We negotiated for $250 for a bumper, light bar and two covers... nothing about that is free.

Now he's telling me he's not giving me 2 of the 3 items I paid him for.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I'm still not sure why everyone is hung up on 'well I'd say you got a pretty good deal'. Has nothing to do with it! I didn't set the asking price, the seller did... so I have to settle for 1/3rd of what I paid for because I agreed to a good price??

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How was a light bar free in any way? We negotiated for $250 for a bumper, light bar and two covers... nothing about that is free.

Now he's telling me he's not giving me 2 of the 3 items I paid him for.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I'm still not sure why everyone is hung up on 'well I'd say you got a pretty good deal'. Has nothing to do with it! I didn't set the asking price, the seller did... so I have to settle for 1/3rd of what I paid for because I agreed to a good price??

You realize the bumpers go for about $250 anyhow right? How long were you looking for one again?

I'm pretty sure max said he threw it in bc he got it free himself? So, bumper plus fee lightbar and covers.

Either way, I get you're pissed, but put yourself in his shoes. You have him very little opportunity to make it right.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He stated in his post that he sent the light bar already. For future reference, friends and family transactions are not protected like the goods or services transaction. You are cheating PayPal of their money, don't expect them to help you. If a seller requests friends or family then I will send it as a good or service but cover the fees if I do not know them. I always request that same courtesy as well when selling something if someone doesn't know who I am. Just a little food for thought for any future PayPal transactions.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You realize the bumpers go for about $250 anyhow right? How long were you looking for one again?

I'm pretty sure max said he threw it in bc he got it free himself? So, bumper plus fee lightbar and covers.

Either way, I get you're pissed, but put yourself in his shoes. You have him very little opportunity to make it right.

No, Max is telling you that he threw it in for free, because he was confronted about him selling something he got as generosity on here. This would be backpeddling because he was again caught.

I don't know how I could possibly give him any more opportunity to make it right... I simply asked him to give me the other items I paid him for, that's all. I don't want something extra for inconveinence or something like that.

The guy negotiated a price for 3 things, now he's received the money for that, and not providing the items... I don't know how it's somehow my fault that I found a good deal.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He stated in his post that he sent the light bar already. For future reference, friends and family transactions are not protected like the goods or services transaction. You are cheating PayPal of their money, don't expect them to help you. If a seller requests friends or family then I will send it as a good or service but cover the fees if I do not know them. I always request that same courtesy as well when selling something if someone doesn't know who I am. Just a little food for thought for any future PayPal transactions.

Exactly. If you send via friends and family, just be prepared to lose it and ok with the fact that it's gone when shit goes to hell.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I don't use PayPal very often.

To clarify, he then later said he canceled the shipment. I just confirmed this with him, that he is not sending the lights or covers... with the suggestion that I don't send money the way I did next time.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I don't use PayPal very often.

To clarify, he then later said he canceled the shipment. I just confirmed this with him, that he is not sending the lights or covers... with the suggestion that I don't send money the way I did next time.

I did not think he was being serious.

If the initial interaction included an offer, which he refused and counter offered for $250 with the lights and covers, that would mean you agreed on the deal for $250 based on the light and covers. If that is the case, IMO, you are owed the light bar and covers. This has nothing to do with the integrity of one member or another. There was an agreement, it was not met, there was even an opportunity to provide a full refund by the seller before any items were sent. PayPal may not take any action but if @Qcfx2 wants to make this right, send the light bar and covers. Then you can both walk away with a lesson learned from this transaction.