Neutral - qcfx2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Qcfx2 - good on you for responding the way you did. Could have been a lot worse and still justified.

I can attest that Max is a good guy. He's always come through when I needed something.

What we all need to remember is that this guy does this stuff because he enjoys it. Helping people get the stuff they need for their trucks is what this forum is all about. And hey, if the guy gets a little break on the cost of the things he needs from a vendor, then good on him!

In today's world, everyone wants their stuff NOW. They don't want to hear that there are reasons that can't happen. When I order truck stuff, I feel like I was the winner if I see it within 3 - 4 weeks, especially if it's from a non-vendor. We all have wives, kids, jobs, etc. I think the OP should take a step back and think about that.

Anyway, just wanted to say good job on the replies Max. I'm not sure I would have been as politically correct in my reply.....

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Qcfx2 went out of this way to check on my geiser bro order for progressive springs. I didn't order from him and he had nothing to gain from my situation other than just helping out a fellow member.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend that @BIRDMAN or @KaiserM715 change the title from negative to neutral. The buyer got the items he requested. The sale may not have been executed as quickly as the op wanted, but it did ship within a week.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

Thanks Joe!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Qcfx2 went out of this way to check on my geiser bro order for progressive springs. I didn't order from him and he had nothing to gain from my situation other than just helping out a fellow member.

No problem brother, glad you got taken care of!

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, why is this not a negative experience? I absolutely did not get items i paid for... I have a bumper, and still missing a light bar and two covers for a light bar, that it would appear he has no interest in sending to me.

Someone fill me in where i'm missing something, I paid for three items, and got one after a fight and claims with PayPal.... that's ok with everyone???

Theres nothing remotely neutral about this interaction, a guy had me send him money for parts, and then after making an issue out of it, finally sent me one of the 3 things paid for.

I recommend that @BIRDMAN or @KaiserM715 change the title from negative to neutral. The buyer got the items he requested. The sale may not have been executed as quickly as the op wanted, but it did ship within a week.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

@Qcfx2 - good on you for responding the way you did. Could have been a lot worse and still justified.

I can attest that Max is a good guy. He's always come through when I needed something.

What we all need to remember is that this guy does this stuff because he enjoys it. Helping people get the stuff they need for their trucks is what this forum is all about. And hey, if the guy gets a little break on the cost of the things he needs from a vendor, then good on him!

In today's world, everyone wants their stuff NOW. They don't want to hear that there are reasons that can't happen. When I order truck stuff, I feel like I was the winner if I see it within 3 - 4 weeks, especially if it's from a non-vendor. We all have wives, kids, jobs, etc. I think the OP should take a step back and think about that.

Anyway, just wanted to say good job on the replies Max. I'm not sure I would have been as politically correct in my reply.....

I'm all for a life, believe me, I have more than enough going on at the moment then to have to stop and deal with someone trying to scam me. It has zero to do with being lucky i received something in whatever time frame, when the seller was the one to tell me he would immediately ship it out! I didn't message him asking for some special favor, he sought me out and told me that... how is that my issue?

His reply to this is almost as bad as the whole transaction... he tries his best to smooth talk out of something, but he trips over himself. If you'd like to see the conversation from the first message up until today inquiring about my missing light and covers that I paid for, i'll be more than happy to show anyone.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Naw I hear you, just giving you some shit. I ran into a similar situation on Facebook with someone I didn't know and wanted to shut it down ASAP and get my money back. Luckily it turned out well and I got the wheel but I thought I was getting taken at first. I agree he should of been upfront when he was planning on shipping it.

Appreciate it... thats all I was looking for, some honesty about when something would be done, or a refund if it wasn't possible... no harm no foul.

It's horrible that so many people are blinded by what this guy tried to do and is failing at.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, why is this not a negative experience? I absolutely did not get items i paid for... I have a bumper, and still missing a light bar and two covers for a light bar, that it would appear he has no interest in sending to me.

Someone fill me in where i'm missing something, I paid for three items, and got one after a fight and claims with PayPal.... that's ok with everyone???

Theres nothing remotely neutral about this interaction, a guy had me send him money for parts, and then after making an issue out of it, finally sent me one of the 3 things paid for.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I'm all for a life, believe me, I have more than enough going on at the moment then to have to stop and deal with someone trying to scam me. It has zero to do with being lucky i received something in whatever time frame, when the seller was the one to tell me he would immediately ship it out! I didn't message him asking for some special favor, he sought me out and told me that... how is that my issue?

His reply to this is almost as bad as the whole transaction... he tries his best to smooth talk out of something, but he trips over himself. If you'd like to see the conversation from the first message up until today inquiring about my missing light and covers that I paid for, i'll be more than happy to show anyone.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Appreciate it... thats all I was looking for, some honesty about when something would be done, or a refund if it wasn't possible... no harm no foul.

It's horrible that so many people are blinded by what this guy tried to do and is failing at.

I think the drama is getting out of control here. Sure, Max may have messed up a little by telling you he would get it right out. Sometimes we plan on doing something with our shit once someone else's shit arrives. That doesn't always work out the way we want it to. I don't know, maybe Max isn't the best communicator when it comes to these types of issues.

Anyway, I see the issue with the lights. I've had the same thing happen to me once when I was shipping something. Shipper wouldn't let me attach an item to another one. Had to go home and repackage it. Then return to the place and ship it. I live 45 miles from the nearest FedEx joint, and it sucks.

I honestly don't believe that Max is gonna stiff you on the lights. If he does, then you have a claim. But I don't think it will come to that. He's a pretty straight forward guy and probably understands that if that occurred, it would tarnish his reputation around here.

As far as your reply to me, I thought meh - the guy is pissed and lashing out at whomever doesn't jump on his boat. He'll be alright. But the stupid comment that you made about the rest of being blinded to his actions, that just ****** me off. We all look at how things are done around here, and for the most part, Max has done what he's said he would. Others have even chimed in and said that. Maybe, just maybe, both of you have some things to improve on in the future?

Sure, Max should have said that he wanted to get his new one first, but he didn't and that's his fault. But you did get your bumper EXACTLY 1 week after the last negotiation was made. I'd say that was a home run!!! I mean, the deal included shipping, a bumper, and lights and you got the bumper in 1 week. Who cares if the lights are little behind the rest. You gotta install the bumper first, right?

All said and done, most of us (not all obviously) will still do business with Max and you will have a new-to-you bumper and a light with covers. Was it a perfect transaction? No. Did anyone die? No. So here we go......

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the drama is getting out of control here. Sure, Max may have messed up a little by telling you he would get it right out. Sometimes we plan on doing something with our shit once someone else's shit arrives. That doesn't always work out the way we want it to. I don't know, maybe Max isn't the best communicator when it comes to these types of issues.

Anyway, I see the issue with the lights. I've had the same thing happen to me once when I was shipping something. Shipper wouldn't let me attach an item to another one. Had to go home and repackage it. Then return to the place and ship it. I live 45 miles from the nearest FedEx joint, and it sucks.

I honestly don't believe that Max is gonna stiff you on the lights. If he does, then you have a claim. But I don't think it will come to that. He's a pretty straight forward guy and probably understands that if that occurred, it would tarnish his reputation around here.

As far as your reply to me, I thought meh - the guy is pissed and lashing out at whomever doesn't jump on his boat. He'll be alright. But the stupid comment that you made about the rest of being blinded to his actions, that just ****** me off. We all look at how things are done around here, and for the most part, Max has done what he's said he would. Others have even chimed in and said that. Maybe, just maybe, both of you have some things to improve on in the future?

Sure, Max should have said that he wanted to get his new one first, but he didn't and that's his fault. But you did get your bumper EXACTLY 1 week after the last negotiation was made. I'd say that was a home run!!! I mean, the deal included shipping, a bumper, and lights and you got the bumper in 1 week. Who cares if the lights are little behind the rest. You gotta install the bumper first, right?

All said and done, most of us (not all obviously) will still do business with Max and you will have a new-to-you bumper and a light with covers. Was it a perfect transaction? No. Did anyone die? No. So here we go......

Don't think I'm attacking you, not what I'm getting at in the least bit.

Besides him being unable to keep his word, or communicate that he may have screwed up and agreed to something he couldn't do... it doesn't appear that he is shipping the light bar or covers... which is an issue.

If he's willing to swallow his pride and admit he screwed up, and just send everything I paid him for a week ago, I'm fine. I don't want retribution against the guy or anything... like I said originally I just wanted people to know how he operates so they don't get scammed. That's all

It's pretty obvious that he's not the most forward or trustworthy guy... I've been getting PM's from people that just don't want to get involved in this thread showing me that.

Again, nothing against you man, don't take it that way please.