Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in lightly used deaver +3s , when the truck goes in to have Robby's kit installed, I'll cut ya a deal!

Deavers are on my list of upgrades. Was going to wait on a new set, but I’m up for a used set. Sending you a PM!

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Got my RPG rear Bumper installed today. I plan to trim the ends of the top tube to fit a little better (and re-cap the tube ends) once I get my new bedsides. (sticks out a tad too far from the body for my liking. )

WYaLWfH.jpg

9jbZPmn.jpg

I should be getting my rear suspension and fender/bedside ordering done next week with TMX too.

The difference in the suspension on my truck vs the loaner f-150 that the dealer had me driving is absolutely staggering. So happy to have the 'ol Burro back! :win:

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Project #2 for today: Foutz Motorsports skid plates.

These folks are the only ones making skids cut to work with aftermarket frame horn chop front bumpers.

They absolutely knocked the fitment out of the park. I don't think that seam would be better if SVC made the skids. They got that fitment without me being able to send them a pic of where the bumper skid stopped. Super impressed!

3SYQmHE.jpg
vasbmuj.jpg

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers are on my list of upgrades. Was going to wait on a new set, but I’m up for a used set. Sending you a PM!

If Talbor doesn't take the +3 Deavers, I will. I'm in Dallas so can coordinate the swap at TMX at your convenience ZK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
It's been a while, so I wanted to post up a few updates.

Lighting:

I ended up getting a good deal on a new, never installed painless wiring trail rocker, so I completely rewired everything in a nice, neat fashion.

I added a gj motorsports 3rd brake light w/ BD S2s.

I also got a smokin deal on a BD 30" onx6 bar, so I had to figure out where to move my XL series lights.

I measured and was able to relief cut the grill and have them fit on top of the bumper main bar. I welded tabs onto the SVC baja bumper for all the lights, stripped and repainted it, reinforced the grill shell, rerouted the grill shell wiring, and boom!

I added a momentary switch for the onx6 mode control, moved the switch for the underhood KC cyclones into the cab, and relocated my flasher controls to the driver's side.

This is where it is at now.

MQmZvMj.jpg

A Bonus that I didnt plan out is the "unamused mode" light option.

4w6QjpW.jpg

My Robby Woods fenders and bedsides should be arriving at TMX next week.

Everything for the rear suspension (including the king 4.0s) is at TMX already.

I chose to move forward with @svc for the mid-travel front suspension. So it will be an all SVC suspension setup. the kit and shocks are ordered.

Once the whole pile of parts gets to TMX, I've decided to just get the whole ball of wax done in one shot.

Things left to decide:

1. wrap or paint.

2. Run rear hubcentric spacers or get new wheels. ( in order to widen the rear stance to fit the bedsides better, + pull the front width in a little bit. I'm hoping to have a little less of a delta between front and rear track width (4" if i do nothing) without dropping the coin for a wider rear axle assembly.)

I have a few things that I still need to install:

- Differential cover, extended breathers (ARB), and need to get the rear bump frame swapped out (switching from RPG to SVC so I have some bump adjustability.)

and last but not least, I need to get a piece of window trim replaced and a dent removed from my tailgate.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Lighting:

I ended up getting a good deal on a new, never installed painless wiring trail rocker, so I completely rewired everything in a nice, neat fashion.

I also got a smokin deal on a BD 30" onx6 bar, so I had to figure out where to move my XL series lights.

I measured and was able to relief cut the grill and have them fit on top of the bumper main bar. I welded tabs onto the SVC baja bumper for all the lights, stripped and repainted it, reinforced the grill shell, rerouted the grill shell wiring, and boom!

I added a momentary switch for the onx6 mode control, moved the switch for the underhood KC cyclones into the cab, and relocated my flasher controls to the driver's side.

MQmZvMj.jpg

4w6QjpW.jpg

I chose to move forward with @svc for the mid-travel front suspension. So it will be an all SVC suspension setup. the kit and shocks are ordered.

Once the whole pile of parts gets to TMX, I've decided to just get the whole ball of wax done in one shot.

Things left to decide:

1. wrap or paint.

2. Run rear hubcentric spacers or get new wheels. ( in order to widen the rear stance to fit the bedsides better, + pull the front width in a little bit. I'm hoping to have a little less of a delta between front and rear track width (4" if i do nothing) without dropping the coin for a wider rear axle assembly.)

- Differential cover, extended breathers (ARB), and need to get the rear bump frame swapped out (switching from RPG to SVC so I have some bump adjustability.)

and last but not least, I need to get a piece of window trim replaced and a dent removed from my tailgate.

Looks Awesome! cant wait to see the front transformation! Should be posting vids and pics of the new kit any day now, aside from that your kits already in production and should be ready to go in a week or two

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lighting:

MQmZvMj.jpg

4w6QjpW.jpg

Things left to decide:

1. wrap or paint.

Love the new “unamused” mode!

How’s the GJ Motorsports third brake light? Any pics of it installed? I’ve been in CO this week and mine is waiting for me at home. I hope the VHF antennae nub doesn’t look too odd when I don’t have the antenna installed.

Can’t wait to see your build with the fenders installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Agree. Unamused mode qualifies as Mod of the week (MotW)

:biggrin:

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Love the new “unamused” mode!

How’s the GJ Motorsports third brake light? Any pics of it installed? I’ve been in CO this week and mine is waiting for me at home. I hope the VHF antennae nub doesn’t look too odd when I don’t have the antenna installed.

Can’t wait to see your build with the fenders installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't install the brake light when it is hot out. the seal gets really temperamental in the heat.

Also, make sure that they sent you the hardware pack with the nut clips. It will pull off if you re-use the factory hardware and plastic nutserts.

gj sent me both a new seal and the hardware after I posted up on the forum ( good on them for that). I haven't had the time to take it back off, remove the retention hardware that I made, remove the old seal, prep, then install the new seal and hardware yet.

So far I like it. In hindsight, I could have just stuck with the squadron pros that I mounted to my bed rails and the BP/PCI antenna mount.

If I hadn't done both of those already, I'd be tickled with it. net/net, I don't regret adding it.

as long as you get a rain cap for it, it will look fine. I've had the antenna on it for the past few weeks, but I had a different antenna mount on the truck before and it didn't look weird with the rain cap on it.

I'm looking forward to putting unamused mode to work the next time I'm in the dirt and someone is going too slow.

I'm chomping at the bit to get the whole suspension reworked and the fenders/bedsides on. I can't wait to air her out!

I'm thinking about approaching a couple of the wheel companies to see if someone will cut me a deal if I run their logo on the truck. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards replacing the wheels.

I ordered a couple different sized spacers to play with the look vs function once the truck is all back together.

I'm also wondering if I could fit 39s on it ( and not destroy the drivetrain with the 39s) once all the work is complete :flamingdevil:

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Quick update.

Accomplished the following:

1.Installed SVC bump frame and king 2.5s.

2. Installed Spicer differential cover (it is identical to the Ford Performance variant, just half the price and says "spicer" instead of " Ford Performance" on it.

3. Modified by shorty tailpipe/turndown setup a little bit. I'll probably do a separate "how to" on that. I simply removed the factory tailpipe, then I was able to cut the factory piping just after the muffler. To get the fitment/direction of output that I wanted, I was able to measure the angle I needed, then found a section of the tailpipe, complete with integrated exhaust clamps to cut to size and reattach. So total cost to me was a singular Sawzall blade.

4. installed my rci gastank skid.

I'm still not super thrilled with the GJ motorsports 3rd brake light mounting, nor the seal. I have to do a little bit more research on seal materials, but I was able to rough out my own mounting hardware design. now i just need to get over to my buddy's waterjet to cut out the permanent version and thread it.

We're at t minus 2 weeks or so until my front coilovers/bypasses come in. pretty sure the metal parts for the front mid-travel will hit TMX next week. (as will the fenders/bedsides.)

If all goes well, the truck should be ready to rock by the end of this month!

Last edited: