Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
are the cambers shackles not extended drop shackles like the rpg?

the camburg shackles are stock length. They are way nicer than the factory shackles and use poly bushings instead of rubber, so they will smooth the articulation and ride out a little bit too. I chose to go with the tig shackles, even though they are a couple weeks out, over the mig version because I like that the tig shackles are stress relieved.

I'm thinking that I'll run the camburg shackles until we start seeing quality +2 fenders and bedsides. Once those make it to market, I'll most likely put the drop shackles back on and lower the front to match.

I took the truck out for an extremely short test but aired the truck out a few times to test my settings. Once I got the front dsc settings close, at this height, I didn't rub the top of the fender liners. So, they are gonna stay like that for now. I'll lose a little down travel with the shorter shackles, but I'm okay with that.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Quick Update:

Re-wired my chase and reverse lights.
Added a flasher function to the chase lights.

Upfitter off: 18 different strobe patterns controlled by the strobe controller. ( obviously, there is an off function as well. )

Upfitter on: Solid chase lights.

Also installed my third brake light antenna, TK790H, and ran the remote head up to the front.

I ran out of time to take the console apart to permanently mount the head in the slider cubby, but it will fit just fine.

I also received all the Baja Designs XL80s that I ordered.

I will build a new lighting harness when I get time. I still have 4 or so weeks till my front bumper will get to me, so Not in a huge rush.

I will end up running ( front facing )
3 XL80 Racer spots
2 squadron pro spots
2 XL80 Driving combos
2 squadron Pro Driving Combos
2 s2 pro wides
2 XL80 wides

Rear facing :

2 squadron sport wides ( chase lights w/ yellow lenses)
2 s2 pro wides ( backup lights flush mounted in the rear bumper. )

by the spec sheets, I should be pushing just under 2.4 million candela.

I think if I need more light, I have bigger problems .

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I also received all the Baja Designs XL80s that I ordered.

I will build a new lighting harness when I get time. I still have 4 or so weeks till my front bumper will get to me, so Not in a huge rush.

I will end up running ( front facing )
3 XL80 Racer spots
2 squadron pro spots
2 XL80 Driving combos
2 squadron Pro Driving Combos
2 s2 pro wides
2 XL80 wides

Rear facing :

2 squadron sport wides ( chase lights w/ yellow lenses)
2 s2 pro wides ( backup lights flush mounted in the rear bumper. )

by the spec sheets, I should be pushing just under 2.4 million candela.

I think if I need more light, I have bigger problems .

That setup is going to be great!

One thing to note - we make the XL80 and the XL Racer, but not an XL80 Racer. The XL Racer is designed for maximum distance and will provide ~40% more reach over the XL Pro or XL80.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
That setup is going to be great!

One thing to note - we make the XL80 and the XL Racer, but not an XL80 Racer. The XL Racer is designed for maximum distance and will provide ~40% more reach over the XL Pro or XL80.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

damn bailey, callin me out for using the wrong model name/number.:biggrin:

I should have all of the lights on the truck in time for the "lighting shootout" at TRR18. Feel free to send me some field tester XL series laser lights to stack the deck in my favor. :win:

BTW- I don't know if BD does any business in the first responder and/or construction verticles, BUT squadron sports on a flasher are brighter and more visible than any whelen rig that I've ever seen.

might be a new market to explore :biggrin:

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
damn bailey, callin me out for using the wrong model name/number.:biggrin:

I should have all of the lights on the truck in time for the "lighting shootout" at TRR18. Feel free to send me some field tester XL series laser lights to stack the deck in my favor. :win:

BTW- I don't know if BD does any business in the first responder and/or construction verticles, BUT squadron sports on a flasher are brighter and more visible than any whelen rig that I've ever seen.

might be a new market to explore :biggrin:

Just want to make sure you order the best products for your application :)

We don't do a lot of First Responder or Construction Vehicles but are branching out more and more everyday. Right now the Work/Scene lights are very popular for these applications.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Did you ever run the Mob armor gps system or are you using something different of gps?

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Did you ever run the Mob armor gps system or are you using something different of gps?

I've been bouncing between it and leadnav. Leadnav seems to be a bit more widely used though.

Project update:

I will NOT be running anything Rogue racing on my truck. I'd urge anyone that is considering Rogue for ANYTHING to reconsider. There are PLENTY of other vendors out there that shine when it comes to customer service.

After missing the agreed upon delivery timeline for my front bumper by 3 weeks, there was no chance that Rogue would get me my bumper in time for TRR.

I've never had a merchant fight me on refunding my money and canceling my order so hard. ( and no, nothing had been shipped, nor was anything ready to be shipped.)

Rogue also missed on an order for control arms through a reseller. That order was also canceled.

Thankfully, TMX is coming to the rescue. So I'll be moving forward with running one of @svc 's bumpers instead. Big Plug for Texas Motorworx and SVC.

The only thing that sucks for me is that I the Full race intercooler that I have on the truck will not work. So I'll be replacing the full race IC with SVC's IC.

I'd rather re-spend on the IC than give Rogue a dime of my money.

I did manage to finally get mostly done with my bed rack. I'll post up pics when I get some time. I have to add a couple more bars to it, but I won't have time until after TRR to do so.

I'm now seriously considering changing my front and rear suspension build plans and have been researching the new stuff that Robby Woods is doing. I'm just not sure if his rear suspension design is too much for my plans.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@TEXAS MOTORWORX @Baja Designs @svc

Operation "nose job" complete!
40LavqZ.jpg

13ToN4L.jpg

I was sweating bullets when it came time to lop off the frame horns, but everything turned out better than expected.

TMX was nice enough to send me light tabs to mount my xl80s, but I opted to fab up a bolt in mount for the SVC baja bumper, in the event i decide to go to a lightbar down the road. I was also able to fab up some simple brackets to mount the squadrons and s2s that were in the factory bumper.

I'm really impressed by the quality of the intercooler and the level of though and engineering that went into it.

The XL80s are a suuuuuuper tight fit. It took me the better part of 4 hours to get my mount to where I was happy with it. I made the current iteration out of 1" square tubing and the lights are as high and backward as they can go. If I decide to stick with them, I may re-do it to tuck them up about another 1/2".

Now I just need to re-organize my tools, etc. for TRR!

( that is unless my upper control arms get here Monday or tuesday.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@TEXAS MOTORWORX @Baja Designs @svc

Operation "nose job" complete!
40LavqZ.jpg

13ToN4L.jpg

I was sweating bullets when it came time to lop off the frame horns, but everything turned out better than expected.

TMX was nice enough to send me light tabs to mount my xl80s, but I opted to fab up a bolt in mount for the SVC baja bumper, in the event i decide to go to a lightbar down the road. I was also able to fab up some simple brackets to mount the squadrons and s2s that were in the factory bumper.

I'm really impressed by the quality of the intercooler and the level of though and engineering that went into it.

The XL80s are a suuuuuuper tight fit. It took me the better part of 4 hours to get my mount to where I was happy with it. I made the current iteration out of 1" square tubing and the lights are as high and backward as they can go. If I decide to stick with them, I may re-do it to tuck them up about another 1/2".

Now I just need to re-organize my tools, etc. for TRR!

( that is unless my upper control arms get here Monday or tuesday.

Wow that looks great!

:biggrin:

www.bajadesigns.com