Zeb's 2011 Screw Ford Raptor build!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the day I bought her, which was about 2 weeks ago:

-C3A4-457E-A3F8-B5C7619917E3-2070-000001944CD6C265.jpg

Brought her home tonight, so happy to finally get a Ford Raptor!!!

713-53B21B029D1E-4052-000001C8CDD9688F_zpsa0f7f7c4.jpg

First of all I would like to thank Chris from Freedom Motorsports for his great customer service along with great prices. Below is the list of parts I have already ordered and will be ordering this week!

Already purchased:

Icon Bump stop kit
Icon power steering solution
Stainless works no cat off road performance header with lighting style exhaust
RPG tie rods
Corsa intake
Sct tuner with 5 star tunes
Nav-TV
Outlaw alpha transmission cooler
Method NV Rims 17" black
General Grabber red letter tires 35 series
Stubby Antenna
HID kit
LED Interior and exterior bulbs
Mag-Hytec Diff Cover
AFE Power Transmission Pan
Rigid Dually Fog Light Kit
Icon Front Lower Control Arm Skid Plate

Parts I am about to order this week:

TXM skid plate
TXM bed stabilizer
Rigid 40" e series led bar behind grill

That I think is good for now, I am still debating what to do about the headlights, should I just get HID kit for stock headlights or get 2013 projector headlights!!!

I will keep this thread updated with all install pictures!!!

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the 2013 housings so I went with those personally. Not wasting any time modding I like it! Should be sweet!

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the 2013 housing also and I think I will be going that route too. I've seen a couple on ebay.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Zeb! I look forward to seeing it all come together. As for the HID conversion. Depending on the brand of HID bulbs you were to buy for it, while it is possible to mod the stock lights with HID's, the convenience and bolt on ease of installing either the stock 2013 model HID's or say a set of Raptor Retrofit lights means a lot.

As for the off road pipes and sound. Off road pipes being louder is more of a myth than anything else. The catalytic converters really don't affect the sound of the exhaust. Calling them off road pipes can be misleading. The mufflers will control the sound exclusively, so the off road pipes should sound the same as the catted version with the same muffler and catback set up.

OP
OP
zebt66

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just debating on the headlights, I don't know how good retrofits are, do they seal good after putting them together? Plus how is the light output compared to factory Raptor projectors? Also if I want to put HID on the stock headlights for now will a regular Hid kit work?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The retrofit lights that Dawson @ Raptor Retrofit builds will are sealed properly when reassembled. The attention to detail and quality of his work is second to none really. Combine that with the ability to pretty much have them customized any way you want for your own custom one off look, they serve to set your Raptor apart from the rest.

As for the light output, Dawson also offers different levels of light output bulbs. You can choose your level of output/color and they are sure to rank up there with the stock HID's 35W level. Check out the bulb output comparison Dawson put together below.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f189/hid-projector-output-comparison-25420/

A regular HID kit will work and you can also choose your light output wattage with them as well. The only issue I have with them is that I have seen a lot of folks have issues with a lot of different brands. Whether or not the issues could be attributed to improper installation, product quality or something else altogether is something that is hard to truly figure out.

What I can do is provide a price for the stock '13 HID lights and get with you on what you might want from Raptor Retrofit as far as customization and provide a quote for the custom lights. Once we have that information you will know which choice really fits your long term goals for your Raptor.

OP
OP
zebt66

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great! Keep me updated!

The retrofit lights that Dawson @ Raptor Retrofit builds will are sealed properly when reassembled. The attention to detail and quality of his work is second to none really. Combine that with the ability to pretty much have them customized any way you want for your own custom one off look, they serve to set your Raptor apart from the rest.

As for the light output, Dawson also offers different levels of light output bulbs. You can choose your level of output/color and they are sure to rank up there with the stock HID's 35W level. Check out the bulb output comparison Dawson put together below.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f189/hid-projector-output-comparison-25420/

A regular HID kit will work and you can also choose your light output wattage with them as well. The only issue I have with them is that I have seen a lot of folks have issues with a lot of different brands. Whether or not the issues could be attributed to improper installation, product quality or something else altogether is something that is hard to truly figure out.

What I can do is provide a price for the stock '13 HID lights and get with you on what you might want from Raptor Retrofit as far as customization and provide a quote for the custom lights. Once we have that information you will know which choice really fits your long term goals for your Raptor.