Wiz's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another thing I did a few years ago...I little bit of Testers paint helps the SVT pop threw the bumper cut outs...
100_6404.jpg
# years and it could use a touch up but it has held up really well..

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is another thing I did a few years ago...I little bit of Testers paint helps the SVT pop threw the bumper cut outs...
100_6404.jpg
# years and it could use a touch up but it has held up really well..

did u just use a brush to apply this? any masking off? enamel or laquer?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok a few more excerpts from the past..
The truck has had a Purple Cranium Diff protector on it for a few years now..I can tell you for a fact that when you are backing around off road this will come in handy...I had several impact marks on it that could have resulted in the cover being pushed into the ring gear..
I also upgraded the diff cover to a new Ford unit..For those that are unaware they are now actually thicker right from the factory.. This was done in late 2010 on..
100_6367.jpg
100_7849.jpg
100_7855.jpg

If you spend a lot of time off road I highly suggest getting some protection on your diff..

So your saying, "cover your ass"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks wiz. what type of tested did u use, enamel?

Yep good old model paint... I just cleaned it with a little testers thinner and laid it on..No sanding or priming...It's been fine for years and if it does take a hit and get scratched take another 4 min out of your life and redo it..lol

Banned
Reaction score
question for ya wiz, if you had the choice between a 3/8" thick diff cover, and stock cover with the cage like you have, which would you go with?

im in that situation with my truck right now.
the cage looks like it would probably work, but would a 3/8" thick replacement cover be a better option in terms of strength?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even mask it...The letters are raised so you just brush of the edge if that makes sense....
A closer shot for ya..
100_6403.jpg

I love the subtle mods...plus I am going with a red look as well...my SVT vent logos are Red and the pinstripe around my wrap is red along with the out line on the grill letters...

I am doing this ASAP...

Nick are you thinking what I am thinking for yours? :party36:

Fred