Wisconsin light duty build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 12 in 14 with 30K miles, now it has 67K and I'm collecting parts for a light duty build.

I'd like to list what I have so far, and see if you guys have any suggestions on what to add to make it better or more complete.....or one of those 'since you are in there, you may as well.....' type things. This is my daily driver, so I hope to not have the truck down very long when doing this stuff.

Previously done mods:

Raptor retrofit 14 headlight upgrade
mini antenna
generic square lights in stock bumper cutouts

Stuff I have, or is on the way for suspension:
Front and Rear Fox 3.0's
RPG Stage 2 Brace and Bump stop kit
WSI HD Springs
Ready Lift Upper A-Arms
SVC Lower A-Arms
18" Method Standards with 35" Toyo R/T's (starting to think I should have gotten 37's)
Alpha 1 tie rod ends
IWE elimination rings

Under hood Mods:

Stainlessworks Full headers and exhaust
AFE Intake
RPG powersteering reservoir
deraile small PS cooler
FMC Transmission cooler upgrade
Truck will be custom tuned by Beyond Redline Performance in Green Bay

Body/Looks/electrical
SVC Baja bumper with visionx lightbar
camera modification module thing to turn the cams on at will

So, a few mods, but nothing like what most of you guys do. Will the 35's look stupid on this setup? When I ordered them, I figured I'd stay the same as stock. I don't have them yet, but I don't think the order can be changed.

Should my axle seals, wheel bearings, and any other retained stock suspension pieces be fine? Any recommendations on brakes? This is my first Ford ever, I'm not certain what the 'weak' points are, other than the stupid IWE system that I had fixed once already under warranty.

Thanks, and I'll try to update with pics as I do this.....once all the parts are here.

Anyone in SE Wisconsin that have done some of this stuff want to join? I will be having some BMW friends up to help, but we are all fordtarded, working on German sedans is little prep for this stuff, haha.

Here is what is sitting in my shed now.
2016-02-04%2019.05.42_zpshmcla5ea.jpg

OP
OP
R

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wooo.....wheels and tires came in along with the bumper and LCA's Hope to do the install soon

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a good daily driver build that it will tear it up when called up

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great start. I will say as far as 37s go you might want to hold off. The proper way to have that size tire is to do glass fenders and do some cutting so that you have full clearance.. Many, many threads will tell you the same thing.

Good luck with the build!

OP
OP
R

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend we will start....hopefully finish the install. Hope to have more pics to share then.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where exactly are you, Kenosha, Racine, etc? I am in Madison and may be able to lend a hand if I don't have to travel for work. I'll know tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Jackson. Sent PM with my info, be glad to have you.

OP
OP
R

REKIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. That didn't go well.

Pics are sparse. Too angry to upload rigght now.

Exhaust not on....didn't even start it.

Basically got the suspension, brakes and bumper.

Suspension was miserable and doesn't seem to be right. Do the SVC lowers limit steering angle? Might hit and aren't right. They also eliminate the sway bar, not sure how excited I am with no swaybar.
The tie rods were very wrong and un-useable.
The bumper is OK fitment at best, but I do like it.
The brake lines were wrong, at least I found out after I pulled a few off. Bleed to the best of my ability, still horribly soft. I'll have to rebleed
Wrong lug nuts for wheels so I couldn't fit those.

Bad weekend. Raptor will be down for a bit it seems.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have yet to have a perfect install day, something always seems to come up once you have everything torn apart. Its worse when its was your only DD.