Treypal's 2014 SCAB Build aka The Texas Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Yep, TRR has a Raptor again, well technically it's in Dearborn, but I'll have it early July. I ordered a 2014 SCAB Silver, all options but bed graphics and hopefully no sunroof. I priced the truck out through a dealer friend back in December, but didn't order it. Sunday after TRR my wife and I decided we needed another Raptor, so I planned on calling the dealer Monday morning to see if he could get an allocation. Strangely enough, he called me Monday morning with an allocation. I figured it was meant to be.

This truck will be strictly for supporting Raptor events and my own adventures, so it will be built up with that in mind.

Done So Far
Total Chaos Control Arms
King 3.0s
Airline Trax for bed tiedowns
Raptor Retrofit Headlights
Baja Designs Lighting
Lowrance GPS
ICOM VHF

Rough plan

Bump Stop Kit
Front Bumper
Bed Rack for Spare tire, action packers 65qt Yeti cooler
On Board Air
On Board Water tank
Full Skid Plates
ARB Fridge
Sat Phone
Wrap

I'll keep everyone updated as parts come in, and will be doing detailed writeups on the installs!

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Reserved, Exterior

Ordered a set of 50W factory HID housings from Raptor Retrofit, blacked out with LED strips. I really loved the FX-Rs Dawson did for me on the last truck. His build quality and customer service is top notch.

The truck is being outfitted with Baja Designs OnX lights in the bumper and Squadron Sports on TMX hood mounts. Mucho Lumens.

Got the Retrofits installed. Just a note, if you plan on grounding out the ballast behind the ballast mount me sure to scrape some paint. Mine worked at first, then stopped working and I had to pull the lights and fix the ground. I also used high quality metal tab zip ties to help secure the ballast.

Custom Bedrack made that holds 1 spare tire, 2 8 gal action packers, 1 5er, and a 45qt yeti. I had a similar one in my last Raptor built by the same buddy. Simple and effective.

Photo%20Oct%2027%2C%205%2045%2012%20PM.jpg

photo%20%284%29.JPG

i-pZnXmst-L.jpg

bajadesigns_hex_logo%20copy.png

Raptor%20Retrofit%20Banner%202%20resize.jpg

sdhqoffroadracingpng%20small.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Reserved, Suspension

Installed Total Chaos arms and King's before CRR. I'll have a full writeup once I get home. Total Chaos has been a leader in off-road suspension parts for 16+ years, the arms are powdercoated chromemoly tubing, and the quality of construction is excellent. I choose to go with bushing inners due to how well they wear. Total Chaos also sells heim inner joints if that's more to your liking. Their lower arms allow running a bypass up front, the kit is still in development though, but I know it will be of the same quality and engineering as their uppers, and all of their kits for other types of vehicles.

At the same time I installed King 3.0s. I am very impressed by the quality of the shock, and I really like how the coilover mounts. Again, full writeup and review once I get home from CRR.

TC%20Uppers.jpeg

King%20Logo%20Standard%20Dark%20750.png

Total%20Chaos%20750.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Kirk @ Raptor Addict is hooking this truck up. Weathertech floormats front and rear, along with more goodies coming in the near future!

Raptor%20Addict%20Vector%20No%20Background%20Good.png

Last edited: