t_j's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
How are you going to seal the back now for water and mud?
I had plates lazer cut to do this inside the lights.

b05225d1dcc2d2493b5ff697e0eb5dd1.jpg

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have some good quality vapor barrier you can use!

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are you going to seal the back now for water and mud?
I had plates lazer cut to do this inside the lights.

I am planning on using the OE dust boot for that socket with a little modification to the boot. The back of the light has not been modified in any way to take this mounting solution so a couple of small cuts in the oe boot should allow it to be sealed back up nicely. TBH I would have rather laser cut some plastic for this, but was concerned that the full weight of the projector hanging from the bulb mount would snap it. It would have been way quicker in plastic as the 30W epilog system I have access to would have cut those in 20 minutes while I had a beer rather than the 2 hours it took me with a belt grinder and dremel.

Started on some new headlights.

f7586e370bb7184b9a29aec3ed470199.jpg

10b608b92a32d7da69baf42c50b1cc7f.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

@t_j do you think I should order a torx or some other type of bolt, so I can still retain the function of my bed extender?

I am pretty sure with the SDHQ hidden stabilizer that you can no longer lock the bed extenders in place. They utilize the holes that the bed extender uses.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I am pretty sure with the SDHQ hidden stabilizer that you can no longer lock the bed extenders in place. They utilize the holes that the bed extender uses.

I'm thinking if I can run a torx or something similar, I can latch it in most of the way.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mother of God!
what are those tool chests and how did you mount them?

They are Wel-built 5 drawer tool cases from northen tool.

They mount with 6 bolts through the bed, currently I'm using large grade 8 zinc washers to distribute the force out but if that fails me I have some 1/8" steel plate that I will use to reinforce the underside of the bed.