SVT Boost's (wife's!) 2013 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys we are new to the Raptor community, but long time Ford owners. We have been buying Ford's since 2000, and this is our 4th SVT vehicle, and the 2nd SVT currently in the garage. My family on my Mom's side has worked for Ford since the 1930, and we bleed blue (not from consanguinity--we just love Ford!)

My wife has been driving an Audi A3 for the last 6 years, and wanted something new. So, I sold my daily driver a 2004 euro SVT focus, and we ordered a 2013 Raptor for invoice. 42 days later it arrived, and she coudln't be happier. I honestly wanted her to get a Explorer Sport or an SRT8 Cherokee--but she wanted back in a truck. We had a 2004 FX4 Supercrew, but it was stolen after two years in ownership leading to the Audi.

Anyway, my wife and I both love performance cars, and we like doing the builds right. We are pretty happy with the suspension as this will be her daily driver, but wanted some more power, a little show and go. We are moving back to San Diego next summer, and would like to get involved in the off road community and do some expiditions once some miles are on the truck, and probably upgrade the suspension then. Until then, here our our list of mods, all ordered or scheudle, awaiting install:

Xpel ultimate on the hood and painted bumper/fender
Xpel stealth on the grey fender and the fender flares
Linex Xtra in black in the bed
2.9L Whipple supercharger FR blue (base kit and tune)
Ford Racing Touring cat-back
Ford Racing blue valve cover FR blue
Huper Optik ceramic tint
Griot's paint sealant

Native state:

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
svt boost

svt boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First step was a clear bra application. I had done a ton of research on this for my GT500--and basically after learning the ins and outs of all of the different types of clear bras, the different layers, materials, thicnkesses, and other properties, I decided to go with Xpel. They have to great products, Ultimate and Stealth. Ultimate is their top of the line self healing clear bra, with an awesome 10 year warranty. Stealth is for use on low shine or matte areas--perfect for our bumpers.

I called up the highest volume installer in the DFW and made an appt about a week after we picked up the truck. Chris @ DFW Clear Bra does awesome work.

You can see below the install, and the contrast on the fender flares. Honestly it is more noticeable in the pictures, and of course on the front bumper you can't tell at all. It is a great product.

111_0456.jpg

111_0458.jpg

111_0469.jpg

111_0472.jpg

111_0476.jpg

111_0477.jpg

111_0478.jpg

111_0480.jpg

111_0483.jpg

111_0485.jpg

111_0495.jpg

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice very nice love the color. i want to do the blue wipple and covers down the road too. got some other mods i want to do first.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great, the XPEL product is really nice same stuff I got...I really like those valve covers too.

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to add Deaver +2 springs to your list. Almost a must have with the Whipple or your wheel hop will be horrible.