Rookie's Submarine Build 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't planning on doing any mods until this Summer as we're in the process of moving for a job transfer. Some things happened and I somehow have a radio and rear facing ambers on the way. Apparently there's an upcoming event that requires them.

Never heard of such an event.. tell us more...:everything:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't planning on doing any mods until this Summer as we're in the process of moving for a job transfer. Some things happened and I somehow have a radio and rear facing ambers on the way. Apparently there's an upcoming event that requires them.

Click here to donate $5 for a chance to win $500 worth of Rogue Racing goodies!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Hmmmm..... are we doing a shock swap in the parking lot?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=943655
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should dub the bed of your new vessel the poop deck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I knew this project was gonna start off slow. Now that we're rolling into summer Santa is starting to drop off boxes. Now that my wife has a jeep she is nagging about my mods so I might have to order her a soft top to get her to shut up.

I've got a long list of stuff to do before The Phoenix Open but they're mostly small items.

My R1 Concepts Premier Series Double Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors arrived today along with my SDHQ Kevlar Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines. Already have the Amsoil DOT 4 brake fluid to get everything swapped out. I've got to say, these rotors are even more impressive in person, can't wait to get them on the truck and see how much of a difference they make.

8e017b3b6a47dfea5c18e91ef8716d38.jpg

I have something in the works for my vhf radio head. Being a 2010 with GPS I have the vacant cubby at the top of the dash. The TYT 9800 fits perfectly in it without any assistance. My goal is to mount the radio in the center console with the speaker tied to the center speaker on the dash. To clean up the face plate I'm going to make a plate that fills the cavity around the radio. Debating on how I wanted to do that I decided to go with a mold process. Ordered some modeling clay, silicone mold, and resin. If the resin doesn't work out I'll try melting down plastic pellets and going that route. I believe the 2011 with GPS have the same cubby. If it works out I will probably manufacture some to sell for those of you that would like to go that route. Separate write up to follow.

My Feniex Cannons mounted on my cab have done great and I love their design and features but I have condensation under one of the lenses. After contacting feniex they are shipping me two new ones to replace and send the old ones back.

I had one of my 10 stainless works mufflers from the old truck still so I had a shop weld it in place of the stock muffler for now. Figured I'd put it to good use until I get the headers installed. I discussed a dual lightning exit on both sides with the shop and they think it can be done. I'd like to go with corsa mufflers but I want to see if there's any cheaper kits that have similar mufflers to avoid purchasing two kits for our truck. For those of you with stock exhausts right now, I have to admit the SW welded in place is a pretty good note for the cost and ease of installation. Nice low rumble.