Rob's 2014 Twin Turbo Raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobDietz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am starting this thread as a chronicle of my up coming build. I will show the different phases of my truck build, show the up and downs and share lessons learned to hopefully help other. I would also love to get feedback, opinions and advice from experienced owners. So my journey started last year I purchased my 2013 Black Screw. I loved it was a great truck had no issues only smiles with it. I began to build up a bunch of parts to upgrade various areas of the truck. I was about to get things started but I began to see many raptors popping up in my are that were exact matches to my truck. Being that I wanted something totally original and rare I decided to sell my truck and order a 2014 Ruby Red Metallic Screw.

Having sold my exist truck with 36k miles to carmax for 44k all that is left to do is wait. Hopefully I will be taking delivery hopefully in the next two weeks.

So My goal: Twin turbo Raptor with twin turbos with a target of 700 whp.

So back to the Mods I plan to do

Phase 1 (parts on order and waiting for delivery)

-Hellion Twin Ball Bearing Turbos (ordered)
-MMR 6.2 Fully Built forged short block
-Trans and Drive-train upgrades (this I am not sure of the extent I will have to got to to support the numbers feel free to chime in if you have recomendations

Phase 2 (parts I currently have)

-38' Toyo tires
-20" Trail Ready Hd Beadlock Wheels
-Fabtech 4" lift (not sure if I will be going this route looking at other alternatives
-Glassworks Unlimited +4.5" flare and +2" rise front fenders and bedsides

Phase 3 Tbd give me some ideas

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please don't do the lift...lol
If your wanting to change the suspension go with an upgrade like rpg stage 4+ or maybe a camburg long travel

And I second Bulletnjm's comment. You are definitely going to want to spend some money on one hell of a driveshaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rear leaf springs will be a must with that much power. i would get some HD progressive springs to help with wheel hop and it will ride so much better.

why not do the 6.6L stroker?

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700hp? With a built short block thats childs play lol sounds like an awesome build!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk