Resurection!! Bringing a totaled Raptor back from the dead!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are pretty amazing man, your persistence is something else. Great work on this!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you find that crack? Nice job.
This truck was hit very hard to have all the substantial damage you've found. Do you know any details of the accident?

The truck is looking great. Looks like you're still in the market for a lower valence and front grill.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

no info on accident, but was a Texas truck found in New Jersey...stolen I believe...

YES, STILL LOOKING FOR A VALENCE!!!!
hard to find...

grille and fender on order...

OP
OP
R

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since you mentioned cost (so many pages) but what are you in to this cost wise vs. buying one that wasn't totaled @REBELx504?

Well, as I stated before, I NEVER expected it to be hit this bad!!!

Initial build budget was $25-28k

with all the extra damage we will come in closer to $32-35k, but I was too far in to turn back once I bought the vehicle.

the good news is that it's a '14 SCREW with under 25k miles, and they are still selling for well above $45k, so I still came out good.

Plus, the journey and story has been a wild, sometimes fun, sometimes frustrating, but never dull ride!!!:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

P.S. stay tuned...we ain't done yet...Jaw dropping sound system, and a Roush SC in the future!!!

14gti

Reaction score
Other than the Sasquatch thread, this might be the best thing on this site.
Good work, read every page.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well, as I stated before, I NEVER expected it to be hit this bad!!!

Initial build budget was $25-28k

with all the extra damage we will come in closer to $32-35k, but I was too far in to turn back once I bought the vehicle.

the good news is that it's a '14 SCREW with under 25k miles, and they are still selling for well above $45k, so I still came out good.

Plus, the journey and story has been a wild, sometimes fun, sometimes frustrating, but never dull ride!!!:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

P.S. stay tuned...we ain't done yet...Jaw dropping sound system, and a Roush SC in the future!!!

I remember your first estimates were lower than you figured but yeah you came out ahead and you got a nice little story to tell about the Raptor.

Your rebuild along with the infamous jumping Raptor rebuild are two of the best threads here at FRF, that is for sure!

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found this thread tonight and read every thread. Congrats on nearly completing your Raptor "Resurection". Rebuilding a wreak, saving money, time with your son, Priceless.

My hat is off to Sir.

OP
OP
R

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't get any pictures as I was a little under the weather, but Rack and Pinion I ordered from RockAuto came in yesterday.
I spent about 2 hours doing the R&R on the rack...This thing drives sooooo much better with power steering...LOL

OP
OP
R

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More progress last night...after finally getting to drive it for a couple days, I found a vibration above 50mph. I knew there was a little damage to the drive shaft, but thought it was going to be useable, but no...

Ordered one on Monday and it came in last night. Even though I worked late, I couldn't wait to get it in. Was an easy swap as it came with u-joints and yokes attached. The whole swap took less than an hour, leaving time to install the Grille which also came in yesterday!!!!!!:ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

f1.jpg

COME A LONG WAY!!!!!

r2.jpg

Last edited: