Raptor Embroidery's Anzo Headlight Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not the manufacturing, it's the disassembly:

* in most states all non OEM HID's are illegal
* once the lenses are removed and reinstalled they may not longer be DOT approved yet still display a DOT mark, this could get the manufacturer in a lot of trouble.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
It's not the manufacturing, it's the disassembly:

* in most states all non OEM HID's are illegal
* once the lenses are removed and reinstalled they may not longer be DOT approved yet still display a DOT mark, this could get the manufacturer in a lot of trouble.

Honestly, I would have never opened these if they weren't sealed so poorly from the factory. The projectors that come in them are great but there is room for improvement. My increasing moisture issues pushed me over the edge.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and the quad projector thing, its totally doable, but you are going to have to magic up some form of mount plate. I ended up making a plate that screwed in between the lense and the reflector the same way as some of the TRS mount kits work. I have to pull mine apart again after I had a bulb come loose and 1.5" of water in the bottom from the last WI trip. I may do the evil eyes and laser the projector lenses while I have them open.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Oh and the quad projector thing, its totally doable, but you are going to have to magic up some form of mount plate. I ended up making a plate that screwed in between the lense and the reflector the same way as some of the TRS mount kits work. I have to pull mine apart again after I had a bulb come loose and 1.5" of water in the bottom from the last WI trip. I may do the evil eyes and laser the projector lenses while I have them open.

I'll probably end up stuffing a rigid dually in there as an extra offroad light.

When you get ready to etch your projector lenses, send them my way! I'm going to get a good collection of them going to practice on. Maybe I can find some cheap used one's on eBay. Once I figure it out, I'll add it to the website. I'll let you know when I've got it down pat.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably end up stuffing a rigid dually in there as an extra offroad light.

When you get ready to etch your projector lenses, send them my way! I'm going to get a good collection of them going to practice on. Maybe I can find some cheap used one's on eBay. Once I figure it out, I'll add it to the website. I'll let you know when I've got it down pat.

I have access to a 35W Epilog and have done a bunch of glass engraving on it but thanks for the offer, I'm sure plenty of others will take you up on it! It's actually what I used to make the mounts for my second projectors.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm good on the projector. I already ordered them. I'm talking about the plastic lens on the outside of the headlight. It got hit by rocks flung from an 18 wheeler with no mud flaps.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Could you use your stock plastic lenses when you get your retrofits done. You could also buy some cheap stock looking headlights for around 100 and just take out the lenses.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Could you use your stock plastic lenses when you get your retrofits done. You could also buy some cheap stock looking headlights for around 100 and just take out the lenses.
Unfortunately, only Anzo lenses will fit Anzo housings. Looks like I'll be buying another set of lights just to extract the lenses.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Update time!!

After doing some measuring, a rigid dually will fit perfectly where the high beam reflector is! I took measurements and then got the specs off of their site. To be sure, tomorrow I'll be removing one of the spot light duallies off of my truck to do a test fit. The gap was nearly 3 1/2" wide between the U-Bars on the high beam side and the dually is 3 3/16" wide and tall.

Looks like I'll have rigid duallys as an extra high beam as well as bi-xenon high beams!!

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
First box of goodies from the retrofit source.

Pics
46ca395d69c1652105e3f33ca70fade6.jpg

f52f8db715c8e51a2d8d0afa1fe58538.jpg

1140590de2475fe09750aa909f4ec813.jpg

a65a011928155715f0f439d972efe19c.jpg

So, everything looks awesome. Tonight, I'll be making the brackets for the switchback u bars. The LED chips you see at the bottom are what will be lighting them up.

Also, I have to make brackets for the projectors. They are almost identical in size to the factory anzo projectors. They should fit great once I make a bracket