Raptor Embroidery's Anzo Headlight Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
After seeing that the Anzo U-Bar headlights look great and have awesome projectors, I bought a set. They are awesome lights and they have a great output for the cost. After being in my truck for 2 years, one of them is starting to get moisture. Not bad, but enough to make me angry. The projectors in them are awesome but I'm going to upgrade them while I have them open.

Here is the build list:

-Morimoto Bi-Xenon Mini H1 7.0
-Rigid Industries midnight edition dually to replace high beam reflector
-RGB Demon eyes
-Morimoto 6500k hid, 35w
-Morimoto XB led switchback demon eyes on the U-Bar Halo. White running light, flashing Amber for turn signals.
-Lenses are scratched and have permanent bug remains so they will be swapped
-Custom mounting brackets for the LED drivers, switchback modules, ballasts and relays.
-Painting the housing ebony black to match
-using my Trotec laser to etch either a raptor logo or raptor eye into the lenses of the projector. Here's an example courtesy of Raptor Retrofit:

541bc1ccf149b96c02975dcb9e701bed.jpg

Pics:

The lights

331e19d1df47a1889969f1474fc8cdeb.jpg

Stock anzo projector output at approx. 10 feet

69707a4f2cea3b112d297f37ee784476.jpg

Mini H1 7.0 output low/high

5187734762c0756edba501aa5c0b11ee.jpg

6286f6d74ba64aed87575384a3307ca5.jpg

Switchback LED demon eyes for the U-Bars

69bd72e9f342b03cba49ef60ec77c2c2.jpg

RGB LED demon eyes

53dce0e2bddd3a7df8e4ba96ea315bf0.jpg

Wish me luck everyone! The headlights Will be taken apart next week. I'll be sure and do a step by step of how to open them. Luckily, I kept my stock halogen headlights and they will go in during the duration of the build.

Goals for the build:

-moisture free headlights
-flawlessly performing projectors
-more visible turn signals for added safety
-better matching housings

I'll be sure and keep the thread updated and possibly write up a How-to because there are currently no companies out there that retrofit anzo headlights.

More to come.....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448613476898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448613476898.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 184
  • uploadfromtaptalk1448613504302.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448613504302.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Edit 2/9/16

List of materials/tools
-Drill with numerous drill bits
-dremel with cut off wheel, cutting bit, numerous sanding attachments, etc.
-screwdriver with many, many Phillips bits to disassemble headlights/projectors
-12v power supply
-sharpie
-tape measure
-straight edge (for marking straight lines)
-digital calipers
-clamps to hold aluminum in place while drilling/cutting for projector brackets
-material to make templates
-pen and paper to draw wiring diagrams
-soldering iron
-heat shrink tubing
-various sizes of plastic wiring conduit
-connectors of your choice (deutsch, spade, AMP, etc.)
-primer (if you plan on painting)
-sand paper from 400 to 2000 grit
-spray paint / spray clear coat
-buffing wheel for dremel
-buffing compound
-loctite
-JB quik weld
-clear silicone adhesive
-(8) #8 1.5" long bolts
-(8) #8 lock washers
-(16) #8 washers
-heat gun or oven to open your headlights
-alcohol wipes
-microfiber cloths

That should be it. I'll add more if I figure any more out!

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to be watching this thread. I have the same headlights and have been thinking of doing the exact same thing. So much so that I have put everything in my cart to do it and then chickened out twice.:baby:
Are u going to be doing anything with the stock hi beam reflector? I always wanted to put a hi beam projector in there. And then maybe find a way to make them all stay on at once, so that you would have 4 high beams:headbang:

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
I am definitely going to be watching this thread. I have the same headlights and have been thinking of doing the exact same thing. So much so that I have put everything in my cart to do it and then chickened out twice.:baby:
Are u going to be doing anything with the stock hi beam reflector? I always wanted to put a hi beam projector in there. And then maybe find a way to make them all stay on at once, so that you would have 4 high beams:headbang:
I thought about it. While they're open, I'm gonna look at the stock brackets in the headlight and see if it's possible to make a rigid dually fit in there. It'll be wired up to the high beam to turn on with the bi-xenon high beam.

If a rigid dually won't fit there, I'll be throwing really bright H7 LED bulbs in there.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it. While they're open, I'm gonna look at the stock brackets in the headlight and see if it's possible to make a rigid dually fit in there. It'll be wired up to the high beam to turn on with the bi-xenon high beam.

If a rigid dually won't fit there, I'll be throwing really bright H7 LED bulbs in there.

Great idea with the duallys, I think that the stock hi beam reflector should be trashed, I have tried many different bulbs in there and currently have a left over 50 watt TRS hid kit in there and it still sucks. But truthfully the stock hi beam will be unnoticeable with that new mini h1 in there, those things are great projectors. Well anyways good luck.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
THIS HEADLIGHT BUILD CAN NOT COME SOON ENOUGH!

I wish I had about 48 hours per day. Do you guys know how much I could get done? The lights are definitely coming out tonight. I should have enough time to throw them in the oven and bake them apart. The drivers side one has a pretty good amount of moisture in it. It's been raining HARD here for the past 3-4 days.

Just went out to my truck to take orders to the post office. Driver's side light had 75% moisture in it. Ugh..