Raptizzle's Gen 2 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm super impressed with how well it fits the truck too.

I'm going to add a bit more preload to clear the 37's better. It's probably about 1" over stock right now but I'm rubbing a bit more than I was with the setting I had on the SVC CAS. Probably only a couple threads down will be the sweet spot.

No way is this thing getting caged. I never even used it on the other truck. Hahaaa

I was just told the out of the box settings for the Kings would place the front at approx 4” over stock. Did you or the shop lower them quite a bit to have a more level ride? I’m leaning towards them but not much info out there. Does the rear sit higher with the Kings and is there any height adjustability in the rear from the shocks?

I’m trying to get approx 2-3.5” over stock for 37s but don’t want the rear to sit way lower. I’ll go with Deavers but unaware of any other way to get the rear to match the front of “out of the box King Raptor settings for the front” if that’s true.

I love your truck! Lol

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just told the out of the box settings for the Kings would place the front at approx 4” over stock. Did you or the shop lower them quite a bit to have a more level ride? I’m leaning towards them but not much info out there. Does the rear sit higher with the Kings and is there any height adjustability in the rear from the shocks?

I’m trying to get approx 2-3.5” over stock for 37s but don’t want the rear to sit way lower. I’ll go with Deavers but unaware of any other way to get the rear to match the front of “out of the box King Raptor settings for the front” if that’s true.

I love your truck! Lol

My stock settings came 2” over stock in front.
Rear shocks have no effect on ride height. That is what the spring is for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love your truck! Lol

Thank you!

I don't think they were quite 4" over but they do make the truck pretty level. I had to add more preload to them to get them to clear the 37's. You can easily adjust the preload on the fronts to get your desired ride height.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I don't think they were quite 4" over but they do make the truck pretty level. I had to add more preload to them to get them to clear the 37's. You can easily adjust the preload on the fronts to get your desired ride height.

So they do the job of clearing 37s without rubbing/trimming? Some with Kings say they still had to remove a bunch of plastic and other inner fender material, some say they provide enough clearance, and some vendors have said both of the above lmao. It’s like the twilight zone for me to get the proper “data” I’m after lol.

Can you explain your setup and any trimming/rubbing and such while off road with compression please?

I don’t mind spending the money for them since they are a much better shock but I don’t want to have to trim anything other than some minor plastic at most and still be able to take it off road full tilt. My skills probably aren’t great enough to justify the Kings over stock but if they provide the clearance then I can grow my skills into them instead of other mods like fenders etc...

Thanks man!
Alex