Raptizzle's Gen 2 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Those kings do look really good. Interested to see what you think of them. Since I realized fox has been doing the internal bypass with smaller pistons (once I tore a Raptor shock apart) I've been really skeptical. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but why would you not want a true 3.0, which is why I went with a shock that uses a true 3.0 piston on my truck as well.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sticky mount on the underside of the bed. I wouldn't trust it there for too long though.

GoPro does offer tethers which I think are made for surfing, but it's a little extra security that you can run with anyhow.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back after a few days in SVC's shop. Here's what went down...

SVC Smurf Gen 2 Bumper
KING 3.0's on all 4 Corners
KING 2.5" Bumpstops on the SVC ABS Bumpkit

89089fb3c2d26c34483462e51f1c4aed.jpg

44992e4edf1b73bc50d0f2be6a0cc93e.jpg

02bf7f4eb03139e26ff90fa0d10cb78c.jpg

7d0521e72e6d815bcede7d665c81e01d.jpg

81a198a29bf0de6d91a0db5b4669e156.jpg

dcf944f9b9ae679e6113011798f97f16.jpg

@svc absolutely killed it on this bumper. The fit is incredible and holds true to the fitment pedigree SVC has been known for over the years. This is not an easy bumper to fabricate given the contours of the valance on the Gen 2 but they hit a home run with it. We took an existing intercooler replacement core that's on the market and custom fit it to work on the truck. SVC is currently in the R&D phase with another company to produce an Intercooler Kit that should provide solid performance gains in addition to the relocation behind the grill. Hopefully this will be readily available in the coming months and I will be able to test and report back on it.

The Kings only have about 50 road miles on them as of now. They ride extremely smooth on the road given their true performance will shine in an offroad environment. I will certainly be reporting back once I have time to put some desert miles on them. Easy install.... bolts right in place and they look absolutely badass. We were able to tuck the reservoirs up nicely as opposed to some of the other frame cut bumpers on the market with guys running aftermarket shocks.

I changed out bumpstops on the SVC ABS bumpkit with 2.5" King Bumps with the "shorty" 2.5" stroke. We charged them to 50 PSI so we'll see how that goes and adjust if need be. The beauty of this bumpkit lies not only with the adjustability but also the fact that you can swap bumps in a matter of minutes. You're not married to a Fox, King, #whatareicons, 2" or 2.5".... This is the only kit available on the market that has this kind of flexibility. If you're looking for a bumpkit, this one is a no brainer.

Why did I change Bumps some might wonder? Well I wanted to stay brand consistent with Kings and I obviously upped it to a 2.5" bump this time around. The Fox 2.0 IFP worked incredible with the setup I ran at the time and the IFP design is great. These King 2.5" bumps are proven and I know they'll perform just as good if not better once I get the truck out into some larger terrain. The KING shocks will definitely allow for some higher speed runs through the rough.

I can't wait to get out to the desert and push this truck now. The increased approach angle from the SVC bumper will be a lot less restricting through larger terrain and once I tune the KINGS to my preference, I have no doubts that the performance gains will be nothing short of awesome.