Project THOR 2017 Raptor Build by RaptorCoastie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Minor update. No parts have come in quite yet. Still waiting on a few back ordered items before pushing forward. But I did get my rendering back from KEG Media. It looks great! Also had a chance to make a short teaser trailer this weekend. Hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhLicUCLVRU&feature=youtu.be

W8fFpSY.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry for the week off. But here's an update. I've since added the Baja Designs Fog Pocket Pro Kit. It includes two Squadron Spot Pros, two Squadron Driving/Combo Pros and two S2 Sports in Wide Cornering. This kit is extremely bright and looks great on the truck. It was also extremely easy to wire in to the upfitter switches. I've also added the RappyGraphics hood decals (Pic to come) and did the Auto Start/Stop jump to allow for constant "off" mode. Thank god. Pics below. Enjoy and stay tuned. The ADD intercooler is on its way and the truck will be going in for a bed liner shortly. Also, RPG collars are going on this weekend!

wtGE6AQ.jpg
v0pZToj.jpg
TNTbLZW.jpg
BZSAL4H.jpg

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, but I don't get that wheel swap. The factory Beadlocks are the best looking 17" wheels on the market I think.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I agree, I saw a magnetic screw with them and it completely changed my opinion of the 2017 raptors.

They look great, I would leave it nearly completely stock.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great build so far! Could you elaborate on the window treatment a bit more? Is it just a film which goes over the windows? How does that stop bullets?

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the most interesting postings yet. I have at least 14 - 9MM handguns to confirm the durability of the window protection LOL
I wish I could see this truck in person before collecting my 2018 build also in black.
Liking the rendering though I cringe if any drilling is involved to mount the light bar to the roof.
Have you checked out BAMF ( Bay Area Metal Fabrication ) in Benicia CA they do great work there when it comes to custom built items like the bed rack for your tent, amongst other things.

I'm thinking of a custom built metal lock box to hold a AR 15 under the back seats.

If you find yourself rolling south on 680 Walnut creek area on a Sunday, shoot me a message. Or just keep us updated on the project.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
One of the most interesting postings yet. I have at least 14 - 9MM handguns to confirm the durability of the window protection LOL
I wish I could see this truck in person before collecting my 2018 build also in black.
Liking the rendering though I cringe if any drilling is involved to mount the light bar to the roof.
Have you checked out BAMF ( Bay Area Metal Fabrication ) in Benicia CA they do great work there when it comes to custom built items like the bed rack for your tent, amongst other things.

I'm thinking of a custom built metal lock box to hold a AR 15 under the back seats.

If you find yourself rolling south on 680 Walnut creek area on a Sunday, shoot me a message. Or just keep us updated on the project.

Lol. I won't be personally testing the durability on my own truck at least. I'm stuck taking their word for it or watching YouTube videos. But regarding BAMF, I'll be going to them for the base rack to mount things like my fridge, second spare, drawer, ect. That will be a removable system via 6 cotter pins. I'll show it later once made. As far as storage, I'm just going with Tuffy. They're good enough for what I need. Send me a PM. I'm about an hour from you. I need to find good places to go jump this pig too.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments! Quite a bit has happened since I last posted.

First off I got the truck bed Line-X'd with Premium (Standard + UV layer). I think it looks much nicer now and will hold up much better. I already had scratches and a few gouges in the aluminum bed from hauling a refrigerator and a few other items here and there.
fgn7How.jpg
jOLj44s.jpg

Small thing after that. I got the RappyGraphics decals and stuck them on. I really like how subtle they are. Black on black for everything with this truck. Goes well with the black American flags on the fenders. Adds some decent HP too.
gXVlXzQ.jpg

Also used the Ammo NYC stuff and gave my truck a nice wash and wax. It needed it.
xZryjvh.jpg

Next, I went back home and buddy cleared out some of his shop and we installed the ADD Intercooler Relocation kit. The install was honestly not difficult. We took our time, went slow, and it was about 6 hours from the first bolt off to the last one on. We also took the bumper off (Not needed normally) because I was also trying to installed the Warn ZEON 10-S Platinum. It didn't fit by literally about an inch. It was making contact with the intercooler charge piping. So I got the Warn VR10-S instead. That will be going in this weekend. Keeping the stock bumper. The install would have taken about an hour and a half to two hours less if we had not dealt with the bumper and my Baja Designs lights.

As far as performance, I do notice the truck is much "peppier" and responsive. It honestly has made a difference. The BOV drains to natural atmosphere now, so the noise from that is much more prominent. I didn't like it at first, but it's actually grown on me. Plus I think it looks badass behind the grille and makes room for the winch.

Sorry for the ****** photos. iPhone shots during install. Much better photos to come.
7lRrsBf.jpg
dzjNC7z.jpg
2ykbKzJ.jpg
dZt4kye.jpg
0vCwvGs.jpg

Finally for now, I finished up the doors with 100% coverage of Dynamat. I understand 30-50% coverage is fine, but I wanted to go above and beyond. These are pictures from the rear driver door and the front passenger door. But you get the picture. All doors look like this. It was about 1.85 sheets per door. I was literally running out of space to put more Dynamat. It's on the outer and inner skin of the doors. I will later back this with SecondSkin Overkill Pro. But for now the doors are good. I'm moving onto the roof. Putting Dynamat on that, and topping it with SecondSkin MegaZorbe under the headliner. I'll combine the headliner removal with the installation of the VHF antenna and cable routing. After that I'll coat the rear wall with Dynamat and OverKill Pro and eventually get to the floors (But also add a blast blanket to go with the armor going in the doors)
MItOLzm.jpg
D6o1w1n.jpg

Some have asked about the LLumar Safety and Security tint on the windows. It's 8mil thick, and not advertised as an auto glass. It's meant for buildings such as embassies, windows in buildings subject to possible Hurricanes, ect. But it can be used on auto glass. Just have to find the right installer to work with you. I'm extremely happy with the results. It was backed with LLumar tint to match the rear windows. The Safety and Security film only comes in clear. So I placed that on all of the windows but I also wanted to tint the front windows to match the back three. I don't like sharing costs, but I will in this case since it seems many are interested. My tint guy bought a roll of it just enough to do my truck with some left over. That cost me $350. Then it was about $660 in labor for the rest. My out the door cost was $1,010. That included:
Windshield - LLumar Air Blue 80 film.
Front passenger windows - LLumar Safety and Security film (8mil), LLumar 20% tint.
Rear passenger windows - LLumar Safety and Security film (8mil)
Rear truck window and slider - LLumar Safety and Security film (8mil)

A fair price in my opinion. All work was done in one day and the truck looks great. If you wanted to follow my Instagram (M4NKIND) I have a video going over the tint that I posted as well as a shit ton of truck photos, and just cool shit.. Shameless plug.

Also, almost forgot. I installed my FAS1 Safe. 5 bolts down through the center console. Angle Iron on the side of the safe actually makes it too wide to ever remove from the console. So even if you were able to somehow back out the bolts, you would have needed to bring an angle grinder to take off the angle iron on either side of the safe, or hack up my entire center console. Good luck.
I have to do a little trimming of the shelf so it will fit back in the console. Shouldn't be an issue.
GpXVll9.jpg
0hs8Byx.jpg

Anyway. Warn winch is going on this weekend. Stay tuned!

Last edited: