Project Nero Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
New to the forums but have been lurking for a while. Just picked up a 2018 Shadow Black SCREW Raptor. Came with every option on the sun. So far in love with it!

2018 Raptor SCREW - Shadow Black
802A
Twin Panel Moonroof
Exterior graphic package
Carbon Fiber Package
Tailgate Step
Forged Wheels
Tailgate applique
raptor technology package
second row heated seats
Spray in bedliner

Always enjoy modifying my vehicles, below are photos of a couple previous cars. I've already got the mod bug going on the Raptor but there are more plans for her so stay tuned!

E92 M3:
26957102395_c2ae59a041_o_1_zpsds8glstt.jpg

13" 991 C2S
33369409183_3528cfb1d9_k.jpg

18" Ford Raptor
IMG_0645.jpg

OP
OP
Nero_Raptor

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
Suspension!!

Before I took delivery of the Raptor I had already ordered a set of Fox Factory Race Series 3.0 Coilover Internal Bypass kit with a set of Deaver Leaf Springs. I had the pleasure of driving two trucks with the upgrade fox Race series 3.0 coilovers and was thoroughly impressed with the offroad capabilities but still retaining the factory ride quality. In addition the plan for the build is to run 37's with the new kit allowing this with minimal trimming. Paired with the coilovers & Deaver leaf springs is a set of Camburg Kinetik series Billet upper arms to dial in the alignment. Thanks to the guys at Boden Autohaus an Camburg for taking care of me.

IMG_0675.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nero_Raptor

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
Stealth Bomber.

From the name of the build everything needed to be NERO (Blacked out). First up was a full Xpel Clear Bra Paint protection. I decide to go with their satin finish. The contrast between the magnetic satin grey grille, trim pieces an bumper works really well. I also ended up wrapping the flare kit in satin black which matches well with the stealth clear bra. Thanks to the guys at Protective film solutions for taking care of me.

IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg

OP
OP
Nero_Raptor

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
Wheels & Tires

With so many wheel & tire options out there, it was a tough choosing the right one for the build. I wanted to go with something modern and different than the "traditional" offroad wheel.

Since I have ran Vorsteiner on my past two build I was excited to hear they had released a truck line utilizing their flow forging technology. Their new 17" VR602 comes in at 24.4 lbs and has a load rating of 2,650 LBS. Considerably lighter than my factory forged wheels but with a similar load rating. In addition to the technology the styling is a blend of European Motorsports with traditional offroad which is something that no one else is really doing right now.

Paired with the VR602's is a set of 37X12.50X17 BF Goodrich KM2 Mud Terrain. This being another item I has the fortune of testing on another raptor I was impressed with its offroad capabilities but also being a smoother ride and less road noise than other M/T tires on the market.

28163633117_ff4cc8b122_k.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck looks good! In fact, the tires do not even look like 37s because they fit so nicely under the truck!

Any rubbing with your setup?

OP
OP
Nero_Raptor

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
Your truck looks good! In fact, the tires do not even look like 37s because they fit so nicely under the truck!

Any rubbing with your setup?

Thanks, yeah slight rubbing at full lock. had to trim out about 2 inches on the fender liners near the cab. You can hardly tell. That was it!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah slight rubbing at full lock. had to trim out about 2 inches on the fender liners near the cab. You can hardly tell. That was it!

OK, cool! Thats the same thing I had to do with mine. I did some mild off-roading last weekend and heard it rub a few times, so I have a little more trimming to do.

OP
OP
Nero_Raptor

Nero_Raptor

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been a little while since my last post. Just wrapped a video shoot with my buddy cliff up in DTLA. Enjoy.