OL RESQ – 2011 SVT Raptor SCAB build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plasti Dip the rear FORD chrome oval

Plasti Dip the rear FORD chrome oval

Even though OL RESQ was not going to be murdered out with all black…

The truck is virtually equipped from Dearborn, MI with very little shiny chrome on it. Mainly the headlights reflective housing and well the huge eyesore on the tailgate are the only chromed out spots on the truck. The rear FORD oval is very chrome and shiny and kind of clashes with the rest of the non-chromed SVT Raptor, especially with the bigger oval that houses the rear camera.

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Original DBS -D Bug screen

Original DBS -D Bug screen

Have Bugs in the Radiator???

This modification was done right around the time I was driving from Southern California to Northern California (Bay Area) and was a perfect modification for this occasion. Definitely going to be doing this to the rest of the whips (cars...hahaha).

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heatshield windshield sun screen/visor/shade

Heatshield windshield sun screen/visor/shade

Ok..okay... I know this is not technically a modification... however I wanted OL RESQ to expel heat as well as preserve its Leather interior, especially the front leather seats!!

Was looking high and low for a quality windshield shade that did not look and feel and look like crap!?!

None of the major nationwide auto supply chain stores had any inventory that even comes close to the HEATSHIELD. Heatshield specifically designed this visor to fit the Raptor…fits like a velvet glove!!!

Also, does what it was designed for very well…keeps the heat out!!!

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Matte Black Hood and FORD grill lettering

Matte Black Hood and FORD grill lettering

After much thought…decided that OL RESQ would be better off with a vinyl wrapped hood.

This was one of the few mods that I was not too sure if it would stay. The main reason for this modification was because of future upgrades that were schedule to arrive within the month after of wrapping OL RESQ’s hood.

While at the local custom vehicle wrapping local…I asked to have the front FORD grill lettering wrapped in the same Matte Black as the hood. Turned out way better than I would have imagined and quite frankly wish I would have done this way earlier!!!
And like most of the modifications to OL RSSQ, it visually looks awesome however it is functional. The hood wrap will help protect the hood from chips and soft-medium scrapes.

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stay tuned fellow Raptorians'

Stay tuned fellow Raptorians'

Future upgrades to arrive from Upstate, New York around mid-July and the other is schedule to arrive from Arizona (Just east of Mesa…haha) around the first or second week of August 2012.

OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Retrofits

Raptor Retrofits

First…THANK YOU DAWSON A.K.A Ducati (Owner of Raptor Retrofits)!!!!

My retrofitted OEM FORD head lights for my 2011 Raptor look amazing (Amazing doesn’t even begin to explain how f***ing sweet these head lights look just staring at them without being installed on the truck, Look Awesome!!!).

Also, I cannot emphasis how well the experience went, with the purchase of my Raptor Retrofits!!! I will be honest…I was a little hesitant at first. PayPal more than a thousand dollars to stranger? But really…Dawson is very professional!!! His attention to customer Service is just as great as his known talent for detail on the OEM retrofitted HID headlight’s for the SVT Raptor.

Retrofit Build:

Mini H1 includes -

- Morimoto Mini H1 5.0 Bi-Xenon projector
- Morimoto 3Five.1 Ballasts (35w)
- Morimoto XB35 H1 bulbs (35w)
- H13 Motocontrol relay harness
- Gatling Gun 2.0 shroud or G37-R
- LED rings in amber - add $50
- Any painting (Black all) - add $50

Options -

Reflector blacked out – yes
Turn signal blacked out - yes
Side amber marker tinted - yes
Shroud type - Gatling Gun 2.0
LED rings - yes/Amber
LED rings behind the shroud or on top - behind
Bulb temp - 5000K

DISCLAMER:
I apologize to Raptor Retrofits and fellow Raptorians for the unprofessional photography below...To be honest I have been struggling to capture the true badazzness of these headlights, and have not uploaded any pics until now, because the reflection is very difficult to avoid while taking the photo.

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Lookin good so far! Keep up the good work!