OL RESQ – 2011 SVT Raptor SCAB build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OL RESQ – 2011 SVT Raptor SCAB build thread

OL RESQ – OEM specs & Packages

2011 SVT Raptor:
6.2L Ebony Black Scab | Luxury Pkg. | Raptor Plus Pkg. | Moon roof |

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

Sup fellow Raptorians’!!!

Since, OL RESQ ( pronounced OL’ Rescue…my Raptors Alias) has been rolling around the dirt and streets since mid-December of 2011. Figured it would be a good idea to document the progress of the modifications & upgrades to OL RESQ.

Progress on OL RESQ was very slow at first, for two main reasons….

First reason, very common, had to create budget (other words…. Save $$$ for a long time!!!!).

Second was, to create a plan of attack! The “attack plan” is very simple but at the same time very tedious (due to lack of funds…lol!?!) keeping it realistic!

The “Attack Plan” would change very often due to the great information that our fellow Raptorians have provided to us 2nd, 3rd and now 4th generation owners. The attack plan keeps getting updated (so far have created over 30 drafts of the “attack plan/ Build Plan” so if need be, can go back to the previous version of the plan to confirm a question or concern…think of it like a precise future mod list).

Again, a BIG Thank you to ALL our fellow Raptorians’ for contributing to our growing Community the many well written and outlined helpful threads, posts and answers that have been provided…. I personally have spent a great majority of time reading many threads…sometimes multiple times, and that is what honestly helped lead to the progress of OL RESQ!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black Mirror Amber Insert Replacements

Black Mirror Amber Insert Replacements

This by far was the easiest modification to OL REQ!!!

Did not like the way the stock SVT Raptor mirrors have the reflective amber lens strip on the exterior mirrors. Although I am a newly found Amber enthusiast, it just does not appeal to me to have the mirrors with the SVT Raptor OEM lens covers.

FORD Motorcraft part# (9L3Z 17E749 AA and 9L3Z 17E748 AA)

IMG_1984.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
McGuard Tailgate Lock

McGuard Tailgate Lock

McGuard part# Part#76029

Before purchasing the Raptor, heard of many stories including a couple from fellow Raptorians, that the tailgate was starting to become a security issue with the whole F-Series lineup. People would steal the tailgate and sell the camera equipment… Apparently these people got so good at it, they stole a bunch of tailgates from a Dealership lot in one night…so word to wise…get some McGuard!!!

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEM Alarm

OEM Alarm

Done the 2nd Day after OL RESQ arrived from Ohio.

This was installed by a local audio/visual company. This enables you to arm/disarm the alarm system with your OEM key fob…no need for an extra fob to carry around. Also, since OL RESQ has the LUX PKG. main concern was that the remote start still worked, which it does!!!

OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CravenSpeed Stubby antenna

CravenSpeed Stubby antenna

This modification was actually Surprisingly very difficult & cumbersome to install, however, BY NO MEANS WAS THIS FAULT OF CRAVEN!!!

I thought this would have been the easiest thing to upgrade on OL RESQ, considering it was described by all, as a couple of simple few twists to remove the stock OEM antenna. Problem was, I was stuck right off the bat on Part 1 of 2 steps to install…HAHA!!!

After a good hour plus, trying to remove the OEM antenna, I kept twisting, rotating Counter Clock to remove, but nothing… the OEM antenna just kept “Dead Spinning”.

First took it to the local Ford dealer in Chino Hills, Ca... Bad Mistake!!! (Originally purchased the Raptor from Preston Ford in OHIO, and had it shipped to so-cal)

Chino Hills Ford kept my truck from 8am till about 2pm!! The Service rep was trying to sell me a new Antenna module for around $300 or so with labor and they said it could not be covered under Warranty because of user error

In other words the dealer said I broke the antenna module, due to excessive rotations….

I then informed the dealer from who I purchased the Raptor, Preston Ford in Ohio. The sales manager took care of me(Once again!!) and said no worries(was very surprised the local dealer did not warranty the antenna) and he referred me to another dealer in my area...

However, this was all around the end of the 2011 year (New Year’s parties) and I was also moving to a new residence, needless to say, I postponed the Antenna "repair" till I was settled in my new home.

Well, heres the important part!!! I finally was settled (middle of January 2012) in my new home and finally had time to take the Raptor into the nearest Ford dealer which happened to be the Ford of Upland, CA dealer.

I arrived promptly at 8am, the service rep came out asked me what I needed help with...two minutes later he comes back with a wrench, same size I tried!!!

Somehow he takes a couple twists I Counter clock wise, and the antenna was off!!! I was completely dumfounded, I had twisted clock wise and counter clockwise S**Tload of times, but this service rep takes a couple turns and bam the dang antenna is off making me look like a yahoooo.
I was so Pissed Off to think I almost paid to get the new module through Chino Hills Ford, Never will take my Truck to that dealer again!!!

Recap, if possible, take it to another stealership...i mean dealer ship..hahaha, and might even save some$$$.

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Formula One ceramic film Tint

Formula One ceramic film Tint

Wanted to go for the all blacked out/murdered look…but came to the conclusion that I wanted to keep OL RESQ looking close to OEM, but still upgrade the minor shortcomings of the truck… Forgot who posted a similar saying that I also say…it goes like;

“The biggest compliment I could receive on the Raptor is when I am asked; Is that stock or did you change that?”

So considering the above, I decided to match the front windows with back, and went with a medium level tint (25%) upfront.

Pictures to follow as I am not a good photographer and the light from the sun was messing with my shots of the window film...

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EZDown tailgate assist

EZDown tailgate assist

This was a cool mod that makes loading things into the box a bit easier…plus it now looks so dang awesome when the tailgate opens!!!!

Also, the company has great customer service!!!! The first package was not the new updated version of the product. Called customer support and within 7 days there was a package at my door with the Brand New replacement!!!

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Line X

Line X

This was a must for OL RESQ!!!

From all that I gathered from the Raptor community, it was a priority that the Box and especially the rear fenders should be sprayed with Line X.

I knew I wanted to spray the rear ASAP because it was winter and I wanted to protect the exposed metal from the elements wish could lead to rusting. Plus, like before, this modification is not only functional (& necessary if you ask me) but it also improved the visual appearance of the Raptor!!!

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGreen33

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuffy security rear under seat Lockbox

Tuffy security rear under seat Lockbox

This has proven to be a very useful medication to OL RESQ!!

First it looks real clean, very OEM factory looking…already have been asked a couple of times if that came with the truck..HAHA.

Plus, like mentioned many times, this is very helpful on the street as well as on the Dirt!! When driving off the highway, was concerned that noise could become an issue…not one bit!!! This rear under seat lockbox by TUFFY is worth every cent, keeps your gear organized, secured and all while not hearing the sounds of clanking metal!!!

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

Last edited: