New to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moreda55

Reaction score
2018 Raptor.. My dream truck

SO after ******* for one of these truck since 2011 I finally made it happen.

Little back story.
I work as an outside sales rep in the outdoor industry. When i started this roll back in 2012 I wanted a raptor but with this job and at the time doing almost 35,000 miles a year I would have needed a second job just for the gas.. So I opted for a Tacoma TRD Baja edition, this was the year before they did TRD PRO. Since it was just the wife and I and the pup no need for a Crew Cab.
the day I picked it up.
L1L3JUy.jpg
First Offroad
ievxOzx.jpg

The day it sold.... new tires, and new suspension... because i had planed on keep it but the Raptor was calling my name.
7TxfALv.jpg
tLpteMB.jpg
QbItwDz.jpg
CQfFoPL.jpg

Fast forward and 179,000 miles later and the addition of a kid I somehow managed to convince the wife that getting a Raptor was the wise choice. After being in this role for almost 5 years I have figured out to travel smarter and now that the gas mileage on the ECO boost is not horrible I made it happen. I know the Eco boost is something that people hate on because it isn't a v8 but for me the gas mileage made it possible for me to actually justify the truck as a daily....... but the truck is in WV

I searched for about a month trying to buy local in CA and got no place.. anyone with a truck on the lot wanted over sticker, up to 25k and as low as 5k. The one place local that doesn't make up was out almost 8 months on their orders and I was not going to pay over.

I used Raptorfinder.com after saying I wasn't going to but it really did help out.
Found the 801A I was after in WV and the dealer wasn't asking over sticker.... I wasted 3 weeks trying to get a shipper to get the truck and bring it out to CA before just throwing my hands in the air and catching a redeye with my dad and driving across the country...

Here are the photos.

Picking it up in WV
8SrWXmW.jpg

Random truck stop in the middle of Ohio and outside the hotel in Cleveland.
pv5Q4l4.jpg
Morning spot for coffee and Breakfast sandwiches

PgEj0QS.jpg

Since we had a spot in Park City I had to go to the source to pick up this bottle.
wEfulEl.jpg
x1VY6qK.jpg

Let me just say... I love my Dad, he is great human and I have learned a lot from him........but 3+ days in a cab with your pops, you realize quickly that you will always be his son.....

Once i got it home I had to get a few things sorted so here is the mod list and soon to be mods.

RPG 1.5 Collars
Method NV 17" Black
Chief Machining Method flat center caps Flat Black
Black lugs
Window tint ( not pictured )

Going on soon raptor lights front light mount
KC flex ambers
Rigid Spots
Rigid Flod

mZBBmwh.jpg
flaufq0.jpg
e6Z2mwU.jpg
F486eIh.jpg

Last edited:

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I did the same thing in 2012, but my Baja was a red crew cab. Now I have the AG super cab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard! Great write-up and introduction!

Truck looks great already and you have a nice mod list comprised. Best of luck and I look forwarding to following along with your progress!

OP
OP
M

moreda55

Reaction score
thank you all. I think I'll keep the mods fairly light with he truck... I had a 2006 Subaru STI that I "went down the rabbit hole" on so I plan to keep it mellow......if possible

StrangeRaptor

Reaction score
moreda55, I'm interested in your comment about shipping. I'm waiting for my truck to arrive at an east coast dealer and I need to get it to Utah. If you have any insight on that process, I would love to hear it. Feel free to PM me. I'm trying to decide if I just skip the work on the shipping and go get it.