MTUH3 - 2011 Ford Raptor Screw "Official" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put "Official" in the title so it doesn't get hi-jacked like Wiz's thread.

I keed I keed.

I normally skip on the build thread stuff, mostly because I never take pictures of anything and I never know where I am going to go with a project, or I feel whatever I am doing is not "worthy" of a build thread. But what I have learned from my other vehicles, small and big build threads help others with their ideas, helps you with your ideas, and as Wiz is finding out right now, harder to start a build thread after the fact.

So... Here goes nothin'.

So to catch up:

Spring of 2011 I was getting ready to purchase another vehicle. I was a long time GM owner (family has a long history of working at GM), but felt it was time to move onto a Ford. I felt Ford offered more of what I expected from a truck. I was dead set on a Powerstroke 350 for months. I wanted a diesel, and I wanted to have something that I could tow my H3 or International Scout with ease. Of course loving offroading, I wanted to put on bigger tires and all the other goodies on it anyway. Even if it was just for looks.

But then the Raptor Screw came out with an 8,000 tow rating, and low and behold a H3 fully loaded with trail parts and tools and a long weekends gear plus trails comes in just shy of 8,000 lbs. And it is going to be the same cost as a 350 Powerstroke, but already had 35" tires and other goodies.

SOLD

So after a couple months of convincing myself and my wife, I ordered the truck from Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne. MI on May 24... the same day my son was born. It is like it was meant to be.

I took delivery on July 3rd and had a blast running around northern Michigan for the holiday weekend.

And since my wife was already up north... I really don't have any pictures of the truck.

Current Truck Parts:

Front Suspension: Icon Vehicle Dynamics 3.0 Coilovers
Rear Suspension" Fox 3.0 External bypass and Fox 2.0 Bumpstops
Engine / Performance: MRT Performance Exhaust, AFE Air Filter
Tires: Goodyear Duratrac
Lighting: Hella 550 6" Halogen Lights
Fluids: Amsoil Motor Oil, Amsoil Brake Fluid, Amsoil Power Steering Fluid
Accessories: Proven Design Concepts Mud Flaps

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I had every intent of keeping the truck as close to bone stock as possible. I mean it is still a "truck" and I used it as such. In the fall of 2011 I bought a FRP bar from Jack Demmer Ford and threw on some Hella 550 lights I had sitting around in the garage. I have switched the bulbs to Hella Optilux YB, which is a yellow bulb.

This is a winter pic, but you get the point.

156374_10151349356336950_1307696560_n.jpg

This past winter I jumped at the chance to run the Snoball 500, and since my H3 was still mostly disassembled, it was a no-brainer to go on the trip. Before we left I welded up 3 of these bad boys. 1 for me and 2 for other owners. Mine was the only one with a Hi-Lift mount option.

268963_385386211578231_1075659560_n.jpg

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After Snoball, and seeing Squatting Dog start his Bullrun Adventure, I came across a Rally Cross thread on FRF. I figured... Shoot lets give that a try.

I called up Chris at Design N Signs and he made up some door decals for me and I took my spin at the RX track.

483685_361083750675144_773339955_n.jpg

I thought, hey this is RallyX thing is pretty fun, I think I will keep doing it and the Raptor is the most unexpected, biggest, meanest, most talked about vehicle here. I'll create a FB page and work with different companies to help pursue this further.

So I created Rogue Wave Motorsports. I can explain how I came up with the name later, and I am still working on the final team logo. Stay tuned later.

Thanks to Freedom Motorsports, Jack Demmer Ford, Mustang Racing Technologies, Design N Signs, and Lincoln Welders for their support.

Running Rallycross on a constant basis led me to want to keep the truck mostly stock.... Until.......

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rear shocks got stolen right out of my driveway a couple months ago.

Big thanks to RPG and the others that tried to help me out. I installed some RPG Fox Rear Shocks on the truck.

182345_385386214911564_343708775_n.jpg

I also headed out to see Chris at DNS again to get the graphics done to support the companies that have helped support me.

971669_387210421395810_240297954_n.jpg

There is no rhyme or reason as to how the graphics went on there, besides I tried to specify I certain height to fit on the doors, and we put the decals on the best way they seemed to fit.

971669_387210421395810_240297954_n.jpg

And he we are, feeding the Raptor a steady diet of orange cones at the Thistle Hill Race.

972323_393703790746473_1503363464_n.jpg

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since Carl's busy with the baby I'll
Answer for him. He runs duratracs joe

Thanks Huck,

Ran them since Snoball, really like them. I use the same tire on the RX tracks and they feel very stable and grip well. I really like them so far. We will have to see how they wear, but I have a feeling it will have more to do with my right foot than the tire itself