The life of my 2013 Black SuperCab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squadron Sports installed as chase lights:

IMG_20170801_1814096.jpg

The amber covers are backordered through amazon, not sure how long before I get them, but hopefully before January. ;)

I took my time on the wiring, I wanted it to be indistinguishable from factory. I used an automotive quality high heat wire loom, heat shrink tubing, combo of 12awg and 18awg automotive wire (allegedly the stuff the OEM's use), and some delphi weatherpack connectors.

Here's my harness about to get installed in the truck:

IMG_20170805_1433473.jpg

It's 12awg wire until the split, its soldered and heat shrinked to 18awg to each of the two lights. I ran it down the drivers side frame rail, zip tying to the stock electrical harness that runs along there. Ran it up into the engine bay and snaked it over to the passenger side.

At the upfitter wiring near the battery I wanted something re-usable, so I can swap these lights to any of the 4 upfitter switches without having to rewire anything. So I built myself a negative terminal harness with the weatherpack connectors:

IMG_20170805_1606090.jpg

Wired up to the upfitter switch wires:

IMG_20170805_1640321.jpg

I'm really pleased with this setup. It will make it super easy to add additional lights in the future, and should survive exposure to the elements well.

OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help but take the truck out last night when it got dark, and this Onx6 bar is NICE. Its not the newer hi-power version but it is still much brighter than the stock HID headlights and high beams and illuminates everything in front of the truck VERY well. Very nice uniform light spread too.

Given the mounting location I think this is totally sufficient and the hi-power version wouldn't help much. The mounting location is low on the truck so you are only going to get so much distance with plenty of dark spots beyond dips and ridges in the road no matter how bright the bar is.

I think installing a set of XL80's (which have light output on par closer to the hi-power Onx6 bar) up on the cowl would be a very nice complement. The higher mounting location means a brighter output could be more useful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I went to silver lake dunes yesterday

IMG_20170823_1032083.jpg

IMG_20170823_1104309.jpg

I ran 19psi front and 16psi rear and the truck did well. Wish I had my new tires on because I think the worn out BFG's probably weren't the best, but I still got around the park just fine.

And then today we hit up an ORV route in the area not too far from the dunes

IMG_20170824_1304519.jpg

Good times all around.

OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced shocks today. Out with the old:

IMG_20170927_1635539.jpg

In with the "new":

IMG_20170927_1633498.jpg

IMG_20170927_1634207.jpg

Also added the SPC HD alignment kit while I was in there.

IMG_20170927_1633597.jpg

Forged Offroad did the rebuild for me and it was a very smooth process. It felt like forever waiting on the exchange waiting list but well worth it. They packed the shocks well and included a return shipping label, made it real easy.

With the rebuild I went to mid perch and added flutter stacks. Truck drives great, and looks so much better leveled out:

IMG_20170927_1633224.jpg

Now she needs a bath!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't help but take the truck out last night when it got dark, and this Onx6 bar is NICE. Its not the newer hi-power version but it is still much brighter than the stock HID headlights and high beams and illuminates everything in front of the truck VERY well. Very nice uniform light spread too.

Given the mounting location I think this is totally sufficient and the hi-power version wouldn't help much. The mounting location is low on the truck so you are only going to get so much distance with plenty of dark spots beyond dips and ridges in the road no matter how bright the bar is.

I think installing a set of XL80's (which have light output on par closer to the hi-power Onx6 bar) up on the cowl would be a very nice complement. The higher mounting location means a brighter output could be more useful.

Once you start ******* around with lights....its over with, buddy. Point of no return and what looked sufficient enough soon would not be. I have more bars and lights on my truck than number of immediate family. Baja is a great company.