Jarrett's Culmination Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
///Culmination Build\\\

Hey everyone,

This is going to be my progressive build into an almost dedicated desert truck. I have been a raptor fan since I first saw concept images, but I knew I would have to wait a few years to get one I would be satisfied with. After the launch of the 6.2L, I knew the 5.4L wasn't an option for me. I've been patiently watching the prices of the raptor for years, but as most of you know, these trucks keep their values better than most vehicles. I just recently picked up a white 2010 with 29k miles.

Right out of high school I went to a school called WyoTech and have been around fun cars and trucks for quite a while. I'm a graphic designer now and save the wrenching for my personal toys or to help out friends. I have owned and built many vehicles over the years. Originally from Santa Monica, I have spent a large part of my life in the desert. I was going to build a Mazzulla prerunner out of my 6.2L 2wd chevy, but I decided having 4wd would make the experience that much better. This build is going to be a culmination of everything I have been planning to build into a dez truck over the last few years.

I'm very meticulous with how I modify my stuff.

Murdered-Out Lightning

LS1 RX7
5856232000_18b413e050_z.jpg

Duramax on methods/grabbers w/ Kings.

7367149094_3794c182a8_c.jpg

The new raptor as a blank slate.

11948207693_22b56201ae_o.jpg

Thanks to Texasmotorworx, I have NV beadlocks on the way that will be wrapped in 37" BFG AT.

Attachment-1_zpsfe4227f4.png

I'll keep updating this thread as things progress.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jarrett H

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Looking forward to the build. What do you have laid out for the plan and timeframe? Being a dedicated desert Truck, do you plan on caging it?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Thanks. This month it will have wheels, tires, mid-perch, exhaust, intake, tune, stubby, mirror reflector delete, tailgate lock, and possibly I'll be pulling the bed off to clean and prep the frame/rearend to be coated. Over the next year, I don't think it would be too outlandish to say it will have an actual long travel kit with a cage. That has always been the plan. I want to retain as much bed function as possible though, so I can still haul my dirtbike around.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When tires arrive, could you please post pics of any trimming you may have to do. I am going to go with the 37" BFG's in a few months also. Looking forward to the build.:peace: