Hood Pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody try installing hood pins? I'm installing pins from AutoFab. The best heavy duty pins as far as I'm concerned. I'll admit it. I don't need them, but I'm installing them for looks and purpose. Having issues though. I'm mounting them on the L/R front corners of the hood. Like an idiot, not thinking, I cut the under panel of the hood to fit the nuts. Stupid... then I think....CRAP!!! Could have just used threaded rivets. Now I have to take the hood off and fabricate. Needed to get the pins made about 2.5 inches longer at a machine shop. Since the bushings are now on an angle due to the contour shape of the hood, I had to trim the bottom of the bushing so the pin could slide in vertically without resistance. BTW...Drilling the hood was the most horrifying experience of my life. Pain to install due to figuring, but looks incredible. Anyone deal with these yet? If your are, DON'T cut the under panel of the hood! A result of impatience and excitement. DON'T let it get YOU!

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll post some pics one I have it completed. I had to send the new modified pins out to get zinc coated.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out AutoFab. I have the black bushings. Many off road trucks use them. I'm most certain the Raptor R was equipped with them as well.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine there's a nice variety of options.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup Addict!

Last edited: