G's Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Meats

Pulled the trigger on 4 new KO2's. After researching, the new KO2s have more meat on the outside, and better tread life in the rocks. Will be better for me when I take to the mountains this winter. BFG is blowing life right now on their production for the KM2s and for run flats for GM Escalades, Suburbans etc with no other OEMs available. Truck is very happy, as am I with the performance of the KM2s - 28,000 miles for my hard use is impressive.

bfg_attako2_pdpcrop.jpg

SKT

Reaction score

Great thread Gordon, thanks for taking the time to document and share.

Do you still have the truck?

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I still own truck, still my DD. Still own my 2010 AMG E63 too, don't see making any changes to the Fleet anytime soon. Wife drives a 2006 Suburban LTZ that we will likely have for another 10 years. Buy great stuff and take care of it and it will take care of you.

Updates:
The Dash Z headlights both stopped working and I put the OEMs back in, Will need to contact Dash Z to see if they wish to replace, otherwise I will likely go a different direction.

My RR Fox 3.0 developed a leak on last outing to Ocatillo, rock clipped one of the bypass tubes. Had to be sent back to Fox for repair and I have been running OEM 2.5's in the meanwhile. One of the front 3.0 also has a small leak and so I plan on getting both rebuilt at SVC when I pick up the repaired rear. Cut off down tubes on exhaust are all jacked up, so those need replaced too.

Still doing a lot of landscaping work and last few weekends the Truck has been heavy hauling on the loaner shocks. One load was 2500 Lbs still with one spare tire, tools and some recovery gear, all told with me inside, about 3000 Lbs. Still had about 1" of travel left on bump stops, needless to say I drove home very slowly. Next trip I limited load to 2100 Lbs of stone, all in about 2600 Lbs, what a difference, had 2" of travel left and with 2000 Lbs all in it was hard to keep in mind that I was 8000 Lbs rolling down the interstate.

A couple weeks ago I had a complete detail done on her, clayed, Paint Sealed, tail lights polished, engine detailed, leather conditioned, carpets steam cleaned etc. She looks great, performs better than new. I love my truck and have no interest in trying to recreate with a gen2.

SKT

Reaction score
Yes I still own truck, still my DD.

A couple weeks ago I had a complete detail done on her, clayed, Paint Sealed, tail lights polished, engine detailed, leather conditioned, carpets steam cleaned etc. She looks great, performs better than new.

Nice to hear you still own and enjoy this one - it is certainly tastefully built and sharp looking! How many miles you have logged on it now?

Also, I thought it was forum policy that a complete detail require fresh pics!!

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2500 Lbs of Flagstone
IMG_20161231_1518141_zpsvr2hcf69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just a bit of travel left, LOL
IMG_20161231_1518281_zps8vdj38za.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Classics
IMG_20161231_1644131_zpsagtm77hy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Damaged bypass tube
20161123_151427_14799428891521_zpsvrrm1rza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread is all sorts of amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the shit out of reading through all 39 pages. Great work and hopefully you'll keep us posted with any future mods or runs!!

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is all sorts of amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the shit out of reading through all 39 pages. Great work and hopefully you'll keep us posted with any future mods or runs!!
Thank you! Here is the latest update

Restored Fox 3.0's back on and I did another Rock run - 1 full yard - 2460 Lbs, Way easier on the truck with the 3.0's had another 1" of travel over the 2.5"

Replaced the Exhaust Turn-Downs - they had gotten pretty mangled and was restricting airflow. Breathing easier now, and growl is back to normal again.

Went out to Anza Borrego Sunday. I didn't put the cage back in but used all the same hold-downs to stow cooler/Jack/Extinguisher box. Put CO2 in cooler space and lashed backup power supply. It was a gentle trip as my wife went and is not into bumpy riding. Did the Coyote Canyon / Sheep Canyon run which I documented in first run on this thread. Despite the muddy trails, I managed to keep mud to a min and water crossings helped clean the under carriage. Truck behaved great although secretly she wanted me to beat on her some more. That will have to wait until March and the XPO Therapy Run!

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updates: Truck is now 8 years young and lots of work has recently been done. We went through the truck and did all the fluids, rebuilt both front shocks (4th time including upgrades), new steering rack, new KO3 tires (3rd set), new upper and lower control arm bushings, we had an issue with the fuel evap sensor, and alignment. Wow, like replacing a dulled razor blade, like new again. Inside I have made my own faux leather covers with padding surrounding all exposed bars of the passenger roll cage. I had returned intake filter and headlights to stock. The aftermarket lights gave me all kinds of issues and the CAI would not pass Calif Smog. Oh well the stock intake is actually quite good at what it does, I do miss the brighter aftermarket lights.

One of the areas needing the most love is the F1 bakflip cover and bedrug. I had the contractor version with overhead removable racks. I never liked them, too shaky, but I did like the extra cargo holds on the rails. I replaced with new F1 cover and Bullring pop up cargo holds. I also replaced the bedrug. I like the changes to the F1, they made improvements to lock down mechanisms for partial open, better water penetration protection and improved rear tailgate seal that allows opening and closing of the tailgate without worrying about damaging the cover.