GBrown 1867 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in my accident the SVT badge flew off my fiberglass fender. It never sat flush since I got the new fenders on, so you might want to make sure they snap in all the way or safety wire them in from the back (Something I thought about doing as a last resort, but didnt)

Good info, we spent a bunch of time getting those to fit. Had to take out over 1/2 an inch for them to even fit in the hole. I am going to epoxy the tabs on the back side to try and prevent them from popping out.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what my skid plate looked like after lawn darting my truck in Pismo last year. We were on the sand highway going through the whoops at about 60-70 mph, (Without pre-running. Very stupid on my part) I look over at my wife and say, Don’t these Kings work great? (Trying to justify the purchase price) She starts yelling to slow down. I just keep on going thinking all is good when all of sudden there is a 15 foot gap with a four foot whoop on the other side. As am sure you can guess, we didn’t clear it and plowed the front into the wall. She is only five feet tall so the seat belts are not the greatest for her and she flies up and forward jamming her finger in the dash and hitting her head on the roof.

Her first statement, “Oh yea, your Fu#&ing shocks work great”.

The impact bent the whole front of the truck down in front of the control arms, destroyed the skid plate and collapsed a body mount. We were able to fix everything in my driveway and the truck still tracks straight down the road.

IMG_1718.jpg

So after ordering a new skid plate I decided to re-enforce the back side since this is the second one I had bent.

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

Next I drilled the holes in the new plate and at also had it cut out for more air flow to my custom oil cooler setup.

IMG_1725.jpg

Bed001-1.jpg

Bed002-1.jpg

Bed013-1.jpg

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a great build going. I have been fan of your build for a while. I'm glad to see you are taking the time to post it on frf.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some repairs that were done by Outlaw. The first is of my lower control arm mounts. I went into a rut with the wheels turned and bent the mounts back pretty bad. They straitened them and then welded plates to help strengthen them.

ControlArm.jpg

Bolt.jpg

FirstRepair.jpg

FinishedRepair.jpg

They also welded plates onto my rear shock mounts.

Shock.jpg

ShockRepair.png

FinishedShock.png

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the bed cage I built for my truck. I am switching my tires out to 37's so I will be getting rid of the Tire Gate and putting both spares in the bed. I like the looks of the Tire Gate but it does take up alot of room if you need to put something in the bed.

Bed005-3.jpg

Bed004-3.jpg

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii536/gbrown1867/Bed006-3.jpg[/IMG

[ATTACH=full]206295[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]206296[/ATTACH]