Dude's 2017 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealership is waiting on parts to warranty the 4wd issues. While that happens, new wheels from @CUSTOMWHEELS4U and fancy tires.
0IyFMyr.jpg

JKf7D2h.jpg

vL3SFJH.jpg

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
those look sick! How is the road noise? 7000 miles and mine ( KO2's) are about done, good thing it's summer here.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
those look sick! How is the road noise? 7000 miles and mine ( KO2's) are about done, good thing it's summer here.

They’re pretty loud. Not unbearably loud but it’s noticeable and it’s there at any speed.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since my last update I found some more problems. Locker broke, got at least 15 different codes, traction control broke, bcm problems, truck only decided to start when it felt like, went into limp mode a few times. To fix it they warrantied the hub actuators, a connector for the differential, replaced a wiring harness, and cleaned a bunch of connectors so it sounds like most of my problems were electrical. So far everything works.

Edit: Still getting a grinding sound like there's an IWE vacuum leak. Check valve is brand new so maybe there's a leak somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ha that TV dude is me!
GF and I said **** it and camped out in the dunes. Hoping you guys didn't laugh too hard.

Your build is an inspiration. Keep this up man.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More pics. And yes I am aware of the ***** on the side of my truck. Fenders and bedsides are messed up but glass is finally on order.
dRMm1Bd.jpg

1ct4Vwu.jpg

Wz6Imsg.jpg

1UoUpFB.jpg

8je6BjU.jpg
eTg20Na.jpg
L9xCaGD.jpg

vdBgK4d.jpg
IcADFy2.jpg

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After all this time I finally realized there was velcro on the back of my first aid kit and I could stick it to the seat and I also got some of the built right velcro seat mount things. Still working on how/what I'm going to mount but I'll finally have a place for all the stuff that's usually just flopping around in the back. Also here's a pro tip, the new adam's interior goo and detailing brush are super useful for getting sand out of the tight spaces inside your truck.

Also still having vacuum and starting problems

Xy26EP7.jpg
iHuPqDV.jpg

Last edited: