Dude's 2017 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure Bison makes great coolers and I'm glad they're a supporting vendor. If I was going to buy a cooler I'm sure it'd be a Bison.

But, your arguments for coolers and against fridges are silly. Really.

"You don't need power." HA HA We're Raptor owners - I have plenty of power all the time via built in 110v 400 watt outlets and 12v DC power points and, thanks to FORSCan changes (and Livnitup) my Raptor's power outlets are on all the time. And the Raptor Crew Cab has plenty of room even for a big Whynter 65 Qt. Fridge/Freezer on the floor in back.

And "nice coolers hold ice better than cheap coolers" - brilliant! Ice melts in coolers and things get wet. I've used coolers for years and know them well.

Some time back I realized like many that you buy a fridge once and you don't have to worry about buying ice or finding more of it on a multi-day trip especially the desert trips I take.

It's not the fancy/spendy ARB unit you mention; it's a Whynter 65 Qt. Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer

Whynter 2 cu. ft. 62 Qt. Dual Zone Portable Freezer in Gray-FM-62DZ - The Home Depot

1f4fdd2b-9330-4f60-82a2-bbd85763ddc3_1000.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VX01P2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

82d3a8cc-1cab-427b-b656-7080040d6a87_1000.jpg

Okie dokie so apparently not wanting to need power for your cooler is silly. A lot of people are silly. It's not like fridges are a secret that cooler owners don't know about. At worst ice is still good for 4 days even in the desert. If you don't want stuff to get wet, you can actually put it in a bag (I know, genius idea). Even a cheap fridge costs a lot more than a good cooler.

Glamisfan

Reaction score
This has been an excellent thread until the fridge/cooler debate. Why do people always feel the need to troll other people’s threads on this forum?

I got a question Dude. Do you think that your tires mounted on the stock wheels, which I assume have less offset then your current wheels, would have avoided the flare ripping off?

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been an excellent thread until the fridge/cooler debate. Why do people always feel the need to troll other people’s threads on this forum?

I got a question Dude. Do you think that your tires mounted on the stock wheels, which I assume have less offset then your current wheels, would have avoided the flare ripping off?

It's possible. They stick out about 1.3" more than stock. This picture kind of shows how much contact it was making so imagine this plus tire bulge due to low air pressure and the truck leaning to the driver side through the turn. Looking at this picture, with stock offset wheels it probably would have tucked but still made contact.

X5PKNgq.jpg

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also picked up a set of built right bedside mounting things and installed them. Nice quality, easy to install, sturdy, and seems like it will be handy.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Gotta have your priorities straight for sure.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the Width and offset of the Walker Evans wheels you have? Are they 8.5" wide and zero offset? Similar to the Methods?