The DirtyFun Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Told myself that this Raptor wasn't going to get any modifications for at least a year... That lasted about 2 weeks.

So it's time to start a new build project. My approach is simple - A Raptor that lives up to the expeditionary prowess of my previous rig pictured below. The Raptor needs to be ready for heading out to the desert at all times, without sacrificing primary bed space, all the while holding the gears that's needed. IE hi-lift, gas, water, axe, shovel ect...

Out with the old (2010 FJ TTSE) and in with the new (2013 Raptor SCREW) You can see from the picture that I clearly don't like doing any modifications to vehicles.

rapfj.jpg

Hated the factory antennae so that was the first thing to go - Craven Speed Stubby

stubby.jpg

Ricky Bobby is my idol so next up - BlendMount for the Valentine One

v1.jpg

For some reason it's been raining here in SoCal and the bed is an ice rink with just about any water back there. Just will not do! - LINEX

linex1.jpg

Might as well do the wheel wells while we're at it.

linex2.jpg

My son opened the tailgate and it just about slammed on his face, which would normally constitute a lesson learned, but not when you just forked out an insane amount of money for braces and teeth extractions. Might as well throw in a cover while I'm at it - Dee Zee Tailgate Assist & BAKFlip F1

bakf12.jpg

The cost of these beadlocks got me thinking of either selling them, or doing what I can to keep them from getting kiped, so picked up some Splined Lug Nuts

wlug.jpg

Decided to Design a bed cage/rack of my own design as I wanted storage without eating too much of the usable bed space.

bc7.jpg

Added a secondary battery with the Painless Dual Power Manager

db1.jpg

db4.jpg

Had the dash apart for another install so took advantage and placed the VIAR pressure gauge with an off/on switch and the battery indicator light for the painless system.

viabatt.jpg

nav-tv bypass

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very clean set up and great mods to get you started.

I see a winch on the FJ, is one in the future for the Rap?

I'm surprised you didn't go with the Trerain color... :peace: