DezRaceSVT- 2013 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To start off my old truck was a 2000 F150 that I was building. I was all about building that truck up for the desert but as soon as the Raptors came out my thoughts changed about what I wanted. In 2010 I was in the market for a Raptor but lost my job. Now for 2012 I’m back in the market.

I received my new 2013 Raptor in the middle of January after a long 6 month wait. But it was worth it. I love this truck!!! I got a Flame Blue Super Crew with moonroof, Beadlocks, 801A Equipment Package, front and rear camera.

So out with the old.
old truck.JPG

In with the new.
truck new.jpg

To start this build thread the day after I got it the mods started. I adjusted the front suspension to the mid perch which is so much better, now the front and rear suspension feel the same along with the 1in. in height so the truck does not have the stink bug look.
After mid perch.jpg
The next mod was to get the windows tinted. I had the tint guy match the rear tint and I upgraded to higher UV protection so inside stays cooler.
truck side.jpg
I installed a craven stubby antenna. I like the look but the reception is not the best. Good thing I’m either listening to Sirius or Pandora through my phone via Bluetooth most of the time.
Ant.jpg

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next I didn’t like the reflectors on the mirrors. They just looked out of place, so I ordered the black OEM covers that come on other F150’s. Now it looks a lot better.
Reflector covers.jpg
The up-fitter wiring was next. The job wasn’t that bad but you have to have a little bit of a contortionist in you to get up in there. After that was done I installed a Rigid 40in. light bar behind the grill. I also added Rigid’s security nuts to it to make sure it stays there.
light bar.jpg
I just received an AFE stage two intake with a pre-filter and SCT programmer. I like the idea of having a lid covering the filter but I also the idea to be able to see the filter. So why not have both. I cut a rectangle hole in the center of the lid and added Plexi Glass six rivets and a small bead of gasket maker to seal the lid.
AFE 1.jpg
AFE 2.jpg

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next I installed the RPG Stage 3 kit. This process was not bad but during the process of dropping the gas tank I broke one of the small quick release lines to the tank. I was hoping that the dealer had just the quick release fitting but no luck; the dealer wanted $250 for the whole line. I ended up going to the parts store and getting a fuel line repair kit and a barbed T fitting now the problem is fixed. So just pay attention when dropping the tank.
RPG stage 3.jpg
fuel line broke.jpg
Fuel line fix.jpg
I got the exhaust done on the truck. I had a Magnaflow muffler P/N: 12594 put on it. I have the lightning style exhaust with the stock tips put back on. I had the shop cut the tips to follow the body line of the truck and not sticking out. Also as you guys can see the tips are painted black to blend in. The sound is really good. There is no drone and at freeway speed it is a little louder than the stock sound, but when you get on the gas it will wake up and let everyone know whats up. BAD ASS TRUCK COMMING GET THE F--- OUT OF THE WAY.:rockit:
exhaust 1.jpg

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nEXT I wanted a bed rack similar Outlaw’s vertical tire bed rack but I didn’t want to spend that much for one that I can build and I wanted to add some other things to it. I still have some more bends to do and the additions to the rack but as of now it’s the same as Outlaws. As far as the jack goes I wanted to have a handle on the back for something to grab onto. So I modified the jacks original back caster wheel mounts to fit with the skid plate.
Bed rack 1.jpg
Bed rack 2.jpg
jack.jpg

There is still a few more things that i have to install. I have my RPG PSR, Nav TV VIM bypass (thanks Busa)
More pics and mods to come.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really got to work quick, still waiting on mine to get here but i doubt i'll be moving anywhere near that fast.