Desert Eagle Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Not wasting any time getting in on the mods. Good for you.
Planning on any raptor runs?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

Hey Yukon Joe! That's what I'm trying to get my truck setup for. I would like to get involved with as many events as I can. First one I'm interested in is Raptor X Jan 2-4 at the Texana Ranch. Since I'm new to the scene I would like to enter as a Non-Race participant and just tear up the back half. This would allow me to get used to the truck, get some ideas for my truck on future mods, and really see what these trucks can do watching experienced drivers. I'm just not sure if I am good to go since I have no radio, Lowrance, or bed rack yet (these are on the to-do list). What do you think?

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have TMX install the Power Steering reservoir with the cooler. That was one of the first thing I had TMX install and knock on wood, mines been helping on multiple runs I've been on so far.

That's good to know, RDFTS. From just looking around that looks like the ideal route to go for upgrading the power steering on these trucks…at least for my needs.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All good upgrades. Not necessary for a track type event like the Texanna Ranch. In order I'd go, with the d-rings in the bed to hold the tire and gear and hand held radio,.. then if you find you want to keep playing I'd step into a good radio, GPS, then bed rack.

Here are the bed d-rings

fa5cc2b7044e869bb1dad6649d366df5.jpg

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice mods! Lights was my first mod as well. What's next?

Considering the Rigid D2s with the Hyperspot beam pattern on the Alternative Offroad no-cut hood mounts, wired to the Aux 4 switch. The other option I'm considering is getting some rear facing D2s on some mounts fabbed up by Xtreme Outfitters in Kerrville. I've seen one other build that had these and it looks like they will work without interfering with my Bakflip.

Are rear facing lights necessary or recommended for any runs? If so, I will probably go this route.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Rear amber lights are good to have so people behind you can see you in the dust. TMX currently no longer sells the Covert rack. They had someone else make those for them.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, nice ride. Reminds me of mine

Here are some ideas for you.

Rear facing lights :

8e874f953fe6b222b0b3a677473c3803.jpg

c4f12e0ba010f846b85302defbb4f5b1.jpg

Circular lights are KCs that I got from RSI works.

Lights on the bed, which might now work for you due to the bedcover are $23 per pair from amazon.

I found a bookshelf mount at lowes for $15 that I had the correct holes for mounting it to my bed.

And this is how she sits today:

48a118795fd3decc40b97388c8365f82.jpg

8c9b91dcf045184d97959479e652a425.jpg

ee67d16d77dcaf13672f62c8e25b6a84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lookin' truck, BearLeeAsian. It's certainly one-of-a-kind! Is that a wrap or paint?

As for the lights, I might have to look into those rear facing ambers - $23/pair is hard to beat! The mounts I'm leaning towards are the same mounts on another members build thread (Infidel Raptor Build). I posted a link where you can see a picture. These look like they would not interfere with the Bakflip bedcover if I mounted them a little further out on the bedrail.

http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image....vZC8xNC8wOC8wNi9vcmlnaW5hbC9hbnk5ZXBlZy5qcGc=

Last edited:
OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up an extra stock wheel and stock BFG tire for my second spare. I was planning on using the D-rings previously suggested by Yukon Joe but the previous owner had the bed liner sprayed over the bed bolts (as you can see in the picture). Any suggestions?

Right now I'm leaning towards the N-Fab Universal Tire carrier with the three way strap. It's an inexpensive method that would secure the spare and not take up bed space when the tire isn't needed. This method would require drilling into the bed. Has anyone else gone this route?

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up an extra stock wheel and stock BFG tire for my second spare. I was planning on using the D-rings previously suggested by Yukon Joe but the previous owner had the bed liner sprayed over the bed bolts (as you can see in the picture). Any suggestions?

Right now I'm leaning towards the N-Fab Universal Tire carrier with the three way strap. It's a fairly cheap method that would secure the spare and not take up bed space when the tire isn't needed. This method would require drilling into the bed. Has anyone else gone this route?

I had Bed liner sprayed over my bed bolts as well. Some quality time with a hammer and flat head screw driver will take that right off for you.

OP
OP
DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Bed liner sprayed over my bed bolts as well. Some quality time with a hammer and flat head screw driver will take that right off for you.

Thanks for the advice. Got the bedliner off of all six bed bolts in less than an hour. This will open up my options.

Next weekend I'm getting the SVC Chase Package, Corsa Xtreme Exhaust, Alternative Offroad Hood Mounts, and Rigid D2 Hyperspots installed. Can't wait!