A Carnivor's story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After much thought and wishing that I had started one of these long ago I figured I better get started on one. I think I have pictures of most of the mods that I have made and the time line in which they have happened. But please bear with me as I piece them all together over the next few weeks, as I do have about 1 year worth of things to catch up on this thread.

This adventure all started May of 2013. I had an itch to buy some some high performance vehicle like a CST-V but the thought of 3 cars did not set well with me so I though of trading in the truck. My wife (Witchy) used it as a drive around town car since I commute 45mins to work everyday and we have a car that is cheeper on gas for that. This restricted me to a truck. so I took my wife to a ford dealership in Elizabethtown,KY where we saw a Tuxedo Black Raptor and we both fell in love with the truck. We promptly drove back to NC and did some looking and building of a raptor online and looking at local dealerships. We finally found on the lot in the Flame Blue that we wanted at Dunn Benson Ford. We went and purchased the truck the next day. At the time we had no clue what we where in for...

After about a week I was searching online for modifications and information about the truck and happened on to the greatest site on the inter webs. (FORD RAPTOR FORUM - F-150 SVT Raptor Forums) I was quickly bit by the bug. I had owned 4x4s earlier in life and spent some time off road in the mountains in TN as a young adult but never had the means to play to hard at the time. This site and the Raptor just unleashed the inner child in me. Within weeks I was doing my first mod of placing the Bakflip F1 on the truck and then my second of putting the truck on Mid Perch. Then came the Craven Stubby Antenna.

After a few weeks participating on the forum I noticed that there was this Mt. Washington Run that some guy was putting together up in the Northeast. I was headed out to eat with my wife on a Friday evening and mentioned the thread. I told her I almost called her earlier in the day to see if she wanted to go but decided against it because it was 900 miles or so and 15hrs away. She then prodded me to go so we turned around grabbed some clothes and off to NH we went for a long weekend.

In NH we met some really good members from the forum, Joker,BigT,Bearclaw,Appetites just to name a few. They all thought we where nuts to decide on a whim to drive there for this. To be honest I went just to get the magnet and the bumper sticker. On the trip up there I got to experience downtown Philadelphia, PA due to the Ford Navigation taking down through the town there due to construction. Those streets where not meant for vehicles the size of the raptor. After that adventure we got to experience the Jersey TurnPike, I learned why road rage exists.

Enough for tonight... Pics and more to come that.

(Time Line)
Purchase
Forum
Mod1 Bak Flip F1
Mod2 Mid Perch
Mod3 Craven
Mt Washington Run
Mod4 Rigid D2 Fog lights (White driving, Amber flood)
Mod5 Rigid SR-M2 diffuse Backup lights
1st NC Meetup at Fort Fisher
Mod6 Xpel Ultimate Wrap With reflective graphics & Window tint
Mod7 Volant CAI
Mod8 MBRP Cat Back exhaust
Mod9 Corbeau 3-point Harness
Mod10 XRD rack
Tool Kit Build up
Havoc in the Hills
Smokey mountain pre-run
Mod11 Pop-a-lock tailgate lock
Mod12 DeeZee Easy down