BuiltRight's 2018 F-150 Raptor Build Thread - 'Regular Guy Raptor'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Prototype in the truck! Not as rigid as I'd like, so it bounces just a touch. But I like it. Waiting on some additional mounts to show up so that I can make sure it works with the gear that I want to mount.

Matt

dO6OHrA.jpg

Rockafella

Reaction score
Liking the mount... Curious to see how it looks once you mount everything else to it - of course then you may have a PM to produce a second one:)

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Liking the mount... Curious to see how it looks once you mount everything else to it - of course then you may have a PM to produce a second one:)

Would love to see you work a trick mount for a Lowrance HDS7 there.
Thanks fellas! I have a few of these being done in steel right now. Will report back and be looking for one or two people to give them a try!

In other news, small bed light upgrade!

I went ahead and installed a set of BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks last week and will give more of a rundown on that later, but I did a cool little mod yesterday that I thought I'd share.

The bedside racks don't really obstruct the bed lights much, but I wanted the ability to manipulate a brighter light for working on projects (I used my tailgate as a workbench frequently) or working outside at night. I popped the stock light out and a friend of mine identified the connector. I designed a plate that would cover the hole where the stock light was and allow the wire to pass through. Then I crimped the connector onto a small Rigid Industries Ignite flood light. Mounted the whole situation to my bedside racks panel with a RAM mount and voila!

If anybody's interested, I have a bunch of spare connectors and would be willing to sell them with terminals and wires crimped on as pigtails. Let me know.

Happy Holidays, y'all!
Matt

Pictures!

ML25TAD.jpg

cVKBTNX.jpg

pe86Zs2.jpg

3KSiTuK.jpg

PfumzBR.jpg

9qNEFnd.jpg

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt

My wife ordered my Christmas present from you guys on Dec 8th, but we haven’t received it yet! We called in Wednesday and were told delivery was scheduled for yesterday (Friday). Today you’re not answering the phone? What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt

Just got our shipping confirmation today. (Payment was accepted on 11 Dec). What happened man?

Anyway, thanks for getting the parts sent. Care to offer an alibi, or are we chalking this one up in the loss column?

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Hey Matt

My wife ordered my Christmas present from you guys on Dec 8th, but we haven’t received it yet! We called in Wednesday and were told delivery was scheduled for yesterday (Friday). Today you’re not answering the phone? What gives?

Matt

Just got our shipping confirmation today. (Payment was accepted on 11 Dec). What happened man?

Anyway, thanks for getting the parts sent. Care to offer an alibi, or are we chalking this one up in the loss column?

Hey man, I greatly appreciate your wife's order! Based on your description, it must have been bedside racks. When she ordered them in early December, there were notices across our site letting customers know that the racks were out of stock and were expected to be out of stock until 12/24 at the earliest. In fact, I even shipped a free small gift to each customer that was waiting, knowing that some would be giving them as Christmas gifts and it's always nice to have something to give as a 'placeholder' gift. Tracking shows most of these were received on 12/22. Did you receive that?

My 'alibi' for 12/23 is that, aside from being a Saturday, it was the day before Christmas Eve and my late father's birthday. I was spending time with friends and family in from out of town. I run every piece of this business by myself, from product design to website maintenance to answering the phone, working 12-16hr days, 6-7 days a week. If I didn't take a day or two off over the holidays, I'd be a dead man. I was, however, returning urgent calls, emails and text messages. Did you leave a voicemail?

In the future, if you need assistance with an order, it would be great if communication like this could at least be attempted via email, text, voicemail or forum private message. I don't typically browse off-topic threads on forums for inquiries like this and hate to see that you feel you received poor service as a result. Thanks!

Matt

Last edited:

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha - guess she missed the banners. She called you on Wednesday, 12/20, and you told her that they were scheduled for delivery on 12/22. Delivery did not occur on 12/22, and we both tried to call you. The forum was our last resort really -- we didn't know if they had been delivered and stolen, or what was happening really.

As a fellow small business owner, I appreciate your situation. Give it some time, reflect back on this situation, and improve your processes.

In the meantime -- still waiting for delivery... (you've yet to address that issue or return my phone call)

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Gotcha - guess she missed the banners. She called you on Wednesday, 12/20, and you told her that they were scheduled for delivery on 12/22. Delivery did not occur on 12/22, and we both tried to call you. The forum was our last resort really -- we didn't know if they had been delivered and stolen, or what was happening really.

As a fellow small business owner, I appreciate your situation. Give it some time, reflect back on this situation, and improve your processes.

In the meantime -- still waiting for delivery... (you've yet to address that issue or return my phone call)

What probably happened is that I glanced too quickly at tracking info and saw that the small package I sent was to be delivered on Friday. You mentioned that you received shipping confirmation in your earlier message, so I assumed that you could see exactly what FedEx was doing. Sending you an email now.

Matt

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All's well that ends well. Received the package, and everything fits. Thanks!