Build Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the time has finally come when I can start putting some money into the truck. I have about 8 more payments and she will be all mine :crazy:. So I have been contemplating a few different build options and wanted to get some feedback from members who run or have ran my desired setup. I'm not looking to go crazy on the suspension. So here is my list of potential mods. Let me know what you guys think.

Suspension:

Fox 3.0" Coilover Shocks Front
Fox 3.0" Rear Bypass Shock
Deaver Springs for Ford Raptor +2

Bumpers:

SVC V3 Rear Bumper
Baja Coyote Front Bumper - No Mounts/Pushbar

Fiberglass:

Glassworks Front 2" Flare 2" Rise w/liners
Glassworks Rear 2.5" Flare 1" Rise

Wheels Tires:

17" SVT Factory Beadlocks w/2 in wheel spacers
37" Bfg Baja TA

Misc:
Saints Offroad Delta Chase Rack
4.56 Gears

I am in Austin Texas. Im looking for a one stop shop that I can have this work completed (including paint and body). Does anyone have any recommendations? I am down for a road trip and have been considering calling Rogue Racing as their work looks top notch. Also, are the Baja's really like $700.00 a tire? Does anyone have pics of front and rear fiberglass? I know a few have done it but I haven't seen many. Want to make sure my 20k is going in the right spots.

Last edited:

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you use your truck for-- Do off road frequently or is it more of a street queen?

And you should look into TMX. They're based in Texas and build some pretty awesome raptors.

OP
OP
Idleone

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you use your truck for-- Do off road frequently or is it more of a street queen?

And you should look into TMX. They're based in Texas and build some pretty awesome raptors.

I am not going to say that I offroad "frequently" but I do hit the trails 3-4 times a year and have attended a few TRR's. I do want it to be more capable than it is now without sacrificing its drivablity. I have seen TMX and their work before, but was unsure if they were equipped to handle the paint and body work. I'm picky when it comes to that. :baby:

D

Deleted member 12951

I am not going to say that I offroad "frequently" but I do hit the trails 3-4 times a year and have attended a few TRR's. I do want it to be more capable than it is now without sacrificing its drivablity. I have seen TMX and their work before, but was unsure if they were equipped to handle the paint and body work. I'm picky when it comes to that. :baby:

TMX outsources the body and paint work last I knew. I do know that they send it out for alignment (when I was there the week of TRR15). If you ask, they will tell you what they do and don't.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the Baja TA's might be a little much for around here. As I understand, they're not very good in the mud or rocks but good in the sand. Kinda the opposite of what you should get. And I'm not sure the new bedsides would be worth the money. I thought that was usually used for long travel rear setups? Hammering down the pinch welds should be good.

As far as looks go, it'll be awesome but money wise I think there's a few things you'd be wasting some money on. But that's just my opinion.

OP
OP
Idleone

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they are $700 a tire forget it anyhow. I really dig the look and figured they couldn't be too bad. I may just upgrade my Generals to 37's. They have been good to me. I just really cant see myself doing the front glass and not the rear. No offence to anyone but I think it completes the look with both done.

485_5580180631688099020_okoh67-vi.jpg

Here is a pic of my last ride. I did the front glass first. The truck wasn't really complete until the rear glass was installed.

8.jpg

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are $700 a tire forget it anyhow. I really dig the look and figured they couldn't be too bad. I may just upgrade my Generals to 37's. They have been good to me. I just really cant see myself doing the front glass and not the rear. No offence to anyone but I think it completes the look with both done.

I agree that's why I never did fenders, I didn't want to do both. I've been able to fit 37s just fine as well. I have the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 tires and I like them and they're fairly light for a 37. With the stock wheels they're about 105 pounds. Some 37s are that heavy alone.

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the time has finally come when I can start putting some money into the truck. I have about 8 more payments and she will be all mine :crazy:. So I have been contemplating a few different build options and wanted to get some feedback from members who run or have ran my desired setup. I'm not looking to go crazy on the suspension. So here is my list of potential mods. Let me know what you guys think. Suspension: Fox 3.0" Coilover Shocks Front Fox 3.0" Rear Bypass Shock Deaver Springs for Ford Raptor +2 Bumpers: SVC V3 Rear Bumper Baja Coyote Front Bumper - No Mounts/Pushbar Fiberglass: Glassworks Front 2" Flare 2" Rise w/liners Glassworks Rear 2.5" Flare 1" Rise Wheels Tires: 17" SVT Factory Beadlocks w/2 in wheel spacers 37" Bfg Baja TA Misc: Saints Offroad Delta Chase Rack 4.56 Gears I am in Austin Texas. Im looking for a one stop shop that I can have this work completed (including paint and body). Does anyone have any recommendations? I am down for a road trip and have been considering calling Rogue Racing as their work looks top notch. Also, are the Baja's really like $700.00 a tire? Does anyone have pics of front and rear fiberglass? I know a few have done it but I haven't seen many. Want to make sure my 20k is going in the right spots.

Stop by we would to love to show you around and check out how we manufacture all of our bumpers & suspension in house & even take you out in the trails so you can actually see how our suspension handles. Call ahead and we can plan it out.

-Ryan

Sent from mobile | Rogue Racing USA | www.rogueracing.com | 855-757-6483