Blackened is the End...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooof! Been awhile since I last updated this page... Been a busy summer/fall/winter (yes, it's pretty much winter in SD already!) So... What's been up with my Raptor?

If you checked my updated mods section on the front page you'll see I did quite a bit the last few months. Small to large mods and everything in between.

Added a Fibermax Cover from the Bak outlet. Installed a Code Alarm aftermarket remote (this system is running on borrowed time, however since it's buggy as hell). And I went the full intake/exhaust mod. Volant CAI in.... Stainless Works Headers and Lightning exhaust out!

This thing sounds amazing and has a shit ton of get up and go! Haven't dyno'd it yet, but I imagine when all is said and done I had to have picked up 30+ hp or better. On the 91 performance tune from 5 Star it will easily hit 90+ mph before shifting out of 4th! I raised the max mph from the factory 100mph limit to 115mph, but my truck seems to have a mind of it's own and completely ignores that limit! At a 120+ mph it's still accelerating and that's about all I want to push it for the moment. hahaha...

Anyway, been harvesting corn for about a month straight and haven't had time to get any pics or video of the latest installed bits. Just finished yesterday and have some new lights showing up today so I might have some shots to show later tonight! In the mean time I do have one video clip to illustrate the effect the exhaust has on Bystanders...

Instagram Video :fuckyea:

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... didn't get any pics yet. Didn't get them installed till this last Monday. Stupid UPS had them Saturday morning, but wouldn't let me have them till Veterans day, then I realized that the M&R mounts required cutting... didn't want to do that so I ordered a set of no cut mounts from Alternative offroad. Had to drill them out for the M&R lights to fit, but once I got everything together and wired up... WOW! These F'rs are bright! I came home last night and there were two deer in our yard. I turned all the lights on them and talk about a deer in the headlights look! hahaha. I then reved the engine a couple of times so they could hear the beast growl, then I made a quick run at them. That got their attention!! muhahaha.

Anyway... Also been doing some talking with a couple of forum vendors on some upcoming mods. Within a couple of weeks the Demon's going to have some new boots, courtesy of Freedom Motorsports. I'll have to do a mid perch when I get them since I'm going with the Toyo M/T 315/70R18's (35.7" total diameter!!!) these should look great with the Fuel Octane Wheel they'll be paired with! 1mm offsets... Should give it a much more aggressive look and I can't wait to try em out in all the snow we'll probably have in the next month or so.

I've also been talking with Jimmy over at WSI about a lightbar rack. I'm not going to spill the beans too much just yet, suffice it to say that this is really going to set my truck off!!! We've got a couple of little extras planned for it that will make it more functional and one hell of an eyecatcher!!! If all goes well I should have that just after the first of the year. Just gotta decide what I want to do for lights on it... Honestly I'm seriously considering 4 more of the M&R V2 Hoodlights vs HID's or a lightbar. Really impressed with their output!. Gotta play with photoshop to see how they'd look, but I'm thinking it would be pretty kickass!

In the meantime (this afternoon) I'm going to go out and play around with some interior accent lighting. More to come!

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in what Jimmy has in-store for yeah.

It's going to be pretty badass! ;-)

Ok so, since my last update Lights, Lights, and Combat Boots have been added!

First I did the ambient lighting on the interior.
Got a Black Olive Ash center console for a F-150 Platinum. It had the cupholder light ring and, since I couldn't justify spending $300 for just the cup holder assembly, i swapped the upfitters into the new panel and reinstalled that. Also why I went with the black olive ash over the wood grain most people buy to get the cupholders. :happy160:

i07624.jpg

One might notice that I also painted up the upfitters as well.
i07620.jpg

The factory color of the upfitters looked off with new console, so I gave it a metallic black coating and then painted up the logo so you could actually see it! Think it turned out great!

For the ambient lighting, I didn't want to spend another $250 on Fords ambient lighting kit and then cut holes for switches and what not to get this to work, so I got a roll of RGB strip lights, a controller, and then made my own system. More functions, colors, and brightness (if so desired) than the factory kit at a whopping total of around $20. I'd just planned on tying the cup holder leds into the aftermarket controller, but, try as I might, I couldn't get them to light. So I modified the ring. I dremeled little notches all the way around so I could wrap the outside of the ring with a strip of the RGB LEDS. it can be a little tricky and if you accidentally pinch the strip wrong while reassembling you might damage it and have to cut a new strip to start again. I didn't take any pictures of this and I'm not taking it back apart just to get them! They're working and I ain't going to mess with that! hahaha...

Here's some pics of them working so you can kind of get the idea of what I did.

i07698.jpg
i07628.jpg

For the footwells I just ziptied a strip up under the dash on each side.
I placed the controller in the center console under the upfitters and ran the ir reciever just outside the bottom front corner of the console on the passenger side. Totally invisible unless you stand on your head and press your nose into the side of the console.

Then I installed the M&R Flush Mount Slicks! Thanks again to the guys over at M&R for giving me a set! Hella cool!!
i07694.jpg

I won't go into a lot of detail here since I did a whole comprehensive write up of them here.

:happy160:

And finally I had some new Tires put on along with a Mid-Perch adjustment!!!
tim-allen-grunt-o.gif

Big thanks to Chris over at Freedom Motrosports, again. Top rate service and received them way quicker than expected!!!

AOxGkeWEcsojgOfGyeFMf-rhKdAhm6JBcRhI=w1181-h886-no.jpg
A tad bit of an improvement over the stockers... hahaha

They look even better on the truck.
DSC05188.jpg
DSC05190.jpg
DSC05191.jpg
DSC05196.jpg
DSC05197.jpg
DSC05198.jpg

I did a quick post on these and with more details over on the tire board.

Chris kept offering his good deals on the R1 Premium Brakes last week and finally wore me down, So I should have a set of these to put on next week as well.

Also ordered a set of AnzoUsa smoked LED mirror reflector replacements off from Amazon. They apparently take a little bit of user weatherproofing and tweaking, but are still much higher quality and brighter than the Recon's at less than half the price.

Anyway, that covers it for now. Should have more to write up by the end of next week! ;-)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe you still have orange mirror reflectors. if you get two ridged (I can look what they are called if you want) and face them together it would glow fire. you just get amber instead of blue. or red
looking good

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of smoked black anzo led reflectors, just haven't had a Chance to wire them up and stick them in yet. ;-)

Blizzarding today, maybe that would make a good project.