Blackened is the End...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...winter it will send.

Hey all! My 2013 tux black Scab arrived today. It's a beast! Hopefully when I'm done it will be more of a Hellfire breathing Demon!

I've got a number of mods planned for this bad boy.
Graphics
Lights
Audio
Wheels
Interior
Badges
Engine mods (Roush phase 2 possibly?)
Bumpers etc...
Maybe suspension down the road

For the near term this is going to be a daily driver/sorta work truck and the occasional show truck on the occasional weekend. I plan to do a little off-roading, but more of the flat bumpy muddy farmland style off-roading. Nothing overly extreme. If I want to get some air I'll go jump in the Cessna. ;-)

Being a huge Metallica fan, a lot of the visual mods are going to be themed accordingly, though I'm angling for a more subtle/classier approach than a vinyl wrap (such as the Star Wars raptor... Not bad, just more over the top than I want). Looking to paint and clear coat the black album snake on the sides... Kind of like a ghosted image similar to the black album cover.

blackalbumcapa.jpg

I also plan to do some interior treatments. Embroidered headrests, painted trim, maybe some other stuff.

So far I've had the front windows tinted to match the rears and added some mud flaps. Next on the list, line-x the bed and rear wheel wells next week, hopefully.

Then perhaps audio, but that's a can of worms for a different thread.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

P.S. Metallica just announced today that their 2013 Orion Festival will be in Detroit this year. Funny they would announce that the same day I pick up my Metallitruck (built in Detroit). Maybe a trip to Roush, a tour of Dearborn, and a weekend of Metallica is on the bill for early June? Sure hope the Mayans are wrong about tomorrow... \m/ >_< \m/

List and dates of Mods:

12/20/2012 - Front Windows Tinted to Match Rears. Gatorback Mud Flaps with black Ford Logo Installed. (not really a mod, but I threw in my Metallica floormats from my old truck.)

12/31/2012 - Registered my truck and applied for Vanity plates.

01/02/2013 - Line-X Color Matched Premium applied to Bed and Rear Wheel Wells... Dead Sexy!

01/04/2013 - Installed 1TB USB HardDrive for Music Collection

01/05/2013 - Installed 40" and 30" LED Lightbars from M & R behind the grill. I dare somebody to flash me now! muhahaha...

04/21/2013 - Finished install of Audio. Hertz speakers, 3 JL XD Amps, Rockford 360.3 processor, and a custom JL sub box from The Car Stereo Company. Still tweaking one bugs, but nice and loud!

04/21/2013 - Installed custom billet tailgate emblem from Billet Badges

04/22/2013 - Installed vinyl hood and side graphics from Designs and Signs

04/25/2013 - Installed Undercover Swingcase on driver side bed

04/29/2013 - Installed Dee Zee tailgate assist

04/30/2013 - Installed Craven Speed Stubby antenna

05/02/2013 - Installed Undercover Swingcase on passenger side bed (couldn't resist... plus the other one is already full)

05/14/2013 - Installed Bak Flip Fibermax cover and Bak Box from Morrie over at Bak Factory Outlet

06/01/2013 - Installed Pop N Lock Power tailgate lock

06/04/2013 - Installed Code Alarm CA6553SST Security and Remote Start... So far not impressed. Buggy at best. Might go with Ford Remote Access in the near future... pending reviews.

07/01/2013 - Installed Volant CAI. Gave it a nice growl! Purchased from Forum Vendor Freedom Motorsports! Great to work with!

09/26/2013 - Installed Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Lightning Style Side Exit Exhaust. Also loaded a 5 Star Custom Tune via an SCT iTSX Bluetooth Tuner. TOO... MUCH... FUN!!! Plus it sounds like something that caught and ate the bat outa hell with out even breaking stride! Beast Mode... ENGAGE! hahaha... Also purchased through Freedom Motorsports! Thanks a ton, Chris!

10/04/2013 - Installed Volant Power Core Filter and attempted to install the Volant Ram Air intake. Note to anybody looking to get one of these, it won't fit if you have the OEM HID Headlights. Not sure about the Raptor Retrofit lights, but from what I understand they use an OEM housing, so probably won't fit those either. Just too tight. Bummer...

11/18/2013 - Installed M&R V2 90w LED Hood Lights mounted on Alternative Offroad No-Cut Hood Mount Brackets. Very Bright... Very Badass!

11/24/2013 - Installed ambient lighting. New black center console cover out of a Platinum Edition F-150, complete with cup holder light ring. Also painted and accented upfitter switch housing.

12/01/2013 - Installed M&R Flush Mount Slicks in the rear bumper. Big thanks again to M&R for providing the lights. Link to install guide I wrote up for them.

12/04/2013 - New Wheels and Tires installed. More goodies from Chris over at Freedom Motorsports!!! FUEL Octane wheels 18x9 1mm offset with Toyo Open Country MT's in 315/70R18. Evil!!!

12/05/2013 - Had Mid-Perch Front Shock adjustment done to give the new tires some room to breathe!

Most current photos of the Heavy Metal Demon:

DSC05196.jpg
DSC05197.jpg
DSC05198.jpg

Dirty, but mean!

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Blackened is on ..and justice for all...but I will let the reference slide

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackened is on ..and justice for all...but I will let the reference slide

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Yes sir it is, but this going to be an overall Metallica themed truck (for instance... perhaps a custom badge near the upfitters that says "Hit The Lights"). :head3: Just thought the snake down the sides would fit the blackness of the truck the best. Again, I'll be going for a more subtle look that makes people kind of do a double take when they notice it.

I'd thought about doing a Kill Em All graphic on the hood, but the photoshop didn't look that great. I've tried the snake a couple different ways, but haven't played with it much for a couple weeks. Now that it's here I can take some pictures at the right angles and work on getting something that'll look good. Step two... finding somewhere locally that can paint it up cleanly and accurately. That might be the trick... I may end up with a vinyl graphic yet, but if done right, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Also looking at doing a custom ADD Stealth Chase Rack (minus the wheel mounts). Was really thinking hard about putting roll bars on it for a traditional four light mount across the top, but I think that stealth rack fits the lines of the truck much better. It might also change how I do the snake down the side, so I may get that first... of course, then I would need a light bar or two for it, but I'm also think about a bed cover so that might effect how the rack is designed and installed...
:gasp:
Damn it! Did I just buy a freakin Money Pit??!?!?!

Oh well... totally worth it. Can't wait for work tomorrow (so I can drive it)! Wow... first time I ever said that, I bet.