Bear Claw build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crabtreepaw

Reaction score
So this is my first post but I have been lurking the site for awhile planning our build.

Not going overboard but hope you guys enjoy the small build. All about the details baby. Its a daily driven concrete cowboy most of the year, and in the woods hunting the rest.

First we went with the AFE intake. Easiest install in the world 26 minutes from start to end. Plastic clips took the longest.
Was impressed with ease and the fact that it came with an extra filter, recharge kit, and filter screen.
398f6744.jpg
5274d104.jpg

Last week i installed the Borla exhaust i forgot to take pics but its just the standard bolt on. If anyone attempts to install one just make sure you rem. to twist then slide out or you will be makin a soup sandwich.

Also rhino lined the bed and wheel wells, and put a hard cover over the bed. can't rem what kind it was but it was a dealer install :(
And it came with the blue lay lighting which i am gonna enhance next week.

Next came the famous side mirror light upgrade.
Didn't think much of it and went about it a lil diff. than most.
Instead of removing the glass i took the reflector off and grinned down the reflector then grinned down the slot that the light would fit in. Took a sec or two on the first, but i was able to fish out the stock side blinker wire (green/white) and tap'd my light directly into it. I used a slim line marine led strip of five lights total. Used cool white because the reflectors where already there.

Pic of the grinned slot and light strip installed.
f7186951.jpg

Pic of the Light OFF
f5cd8dab.jpg

Pic of the light ON.
7fc6084d.jpg

OFF
7198ce87.jpg

On
cf350e48.jpg

Night Shot
(These things turned out well and only took roughly an hour)
30a52d24.jpg
fdb82f23.jpg

Next for this is i am going to put a relay in so that they turn on with parking lights, full time, or when the door is ajar. Should be fairly easy with the rest of the rats nest that will be adding.

Mods for this upcoming weekend and week will be.
-Custom rear brake light bar.
-XVision light bar (not gonna give it all away hehe)
-Step board will get 4 pods of 3 yellow led's underneath the running board, it will be inline with the puddle and running stock lights. should be each side and will be hidden underneath and inside of the
-Rear bed lay lights
-Replacement of dome light (super cool white, should be able to get a sun tan)
-Few more interior lay lights from my company.
Lights lights lights for hunting season.
-Im also going to do a few Ford airbrush stencils in the bed for looks, should look pretty neat on top of the rhino liner.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please post instructions for the mirror mod and where to get the lights!!!!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the truck, the mirrors look sweet! Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
C

Crabtreepaw

Reaction score
Thanks guys and this is a pretty awesome site i must say.

The lights were very simple, but i prob shoulda taken more pics but wasn't really thinking about it at the time.

Here is where i got the lights from oznium but here is the exact link Ultra Flexible Tri-Chip (BRIGHT) LED Strips - 12V LEDs - Plug and Play

As for the mod itself i used a small flat head screw driver (i used a few layers of tape so i didn't scratch the plastic). You remove the side closest to the cab first. The reflector itself looked like the tab was going to break so i put enuff pressure and bow'd the whole reflector before the prongs did break.

Then grabbed the drimel and grinned down the plastic. I used the same method and bit for the reflectors and mirror. With reflector in hand i kinda guessed on how far to go but i just didn't want to break the factory heat weld. So i would say a 1/4 inch if not a lil less should be left around the boarder which is the white plastic attached to the orange reflector.

Grind down the mirror itself the same way, but be carefull bc u don't wanna burn or toast a wire there are 4 that i know of inside of each mirror.

Then i simply tap'd the led into the Green/White wire and black for ground and was good to go.

The light itself was longer than i needed so i cut three of the lights off and curved the sides so that 5 lights would fit in and were properly spaced.

Hope this helps, i can take some more pics over the weekend or monday if you want a lil more "how too's by pics" bc who really reads the instructions i/we just look at the pics, lmao

IRONMAN

Reaction score
WELCOME! Great first post. I need to get one of those filter socks. Is there a part number for it?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Welcome, that hood decal looks good on those White SCREWS. not many guys ordered them that way.

OP
OP
C

Crabtreepaw

Reaction score
Haha actually no but i do come from a lowrider/import background so this stuff is just part of the game when doing builds lmao.

But the raptor has been super to work with so far since everything is pre wired. Can't wait to show the creations next week i have in mind. Shipment should be here by monday muwhahahah.:********: