Aarons419's 2010 Raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
8. AFE Cold Air Intake

This one doesn't really have much of a "why" because it was on the truck when I bought it, so I figured why mess with success?

It's been a really solid unit, and I've been mulling over the idea of getting a lid for it, but haven't done it yet.

The sound it makes is definitely not overpowering, but does improve the sound of the truck when the cutout is closed.

I'll be getting some pictures of this soon as well.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
9. RPG Stage 2

(This spot reserved for when it gets installed next week!)

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
nope, no need. I rolled my finger over it or used a finger nail. It comes up REALLY easy.

Hock, I'm really digging it right now. The prep work was BY FAR the hardest part. Spraying it on and removing all the excess was such a breeze I was shocked. I figure if it sucks, I can rip it off and go get the flares wrapped in matte black or painted the same. Or I can just re-touch it.

One thing I noticed is, when it wasn't completely dry, I bumped it with my leg and pulled up a piece of it. I just flattened it back down and smoothed it out and then put another coat over that area.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nope, no need. I rolled my finger over it or used a finger nail. It comes up REALLY easy.

Hock, I'm really digging it right now. The prep work was BY FAR the hardest part. Spraying it on and removing all the excess was such a breeze I was shocked. I figure if it sucks, I can rip it off and go get the flares wrapped in matte black or painted the same. Or I can just re-touch it.

One thing I noticed is, when it wasn't completely dry, I bumped it with my leg and pulled up a piece of it. I just flattened it back down and smoothed it out and then put another coat over that area.

I am getting ready to do some touch up on my skid plate from Brandi ditch jumping. I am going to try two different methods, respraying, and foam brush. So far my has held up very well even after a dozen carwashes, offroading, and my wifes driving.. Lol

-Greg

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Boggles my mind. If it's that easy to peel off, how durable is it? Does it need to dry to be a little stronger?

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
GJMcManus said:
Yes, the longer it is on the harder it becomes (to a certian point) it is a lot harder to remove overspray a day later than when it is fresh (i know from experience)

-Greg

Glad I wiped all the little overspray goobers off then lol

Tituslloydpullo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking great. Im waiting a long time for my ADD bumpers and your review is making me feel better about it.

I might copy you on the plastidip.