There's only so much research a man can do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This waiting for a truck to show up sucks.

I know I'm not even close to the worst case scenario of people waiting for their trucks to arrive but after selling my dually back in July and placing a deposit it's a cruel thing to make a person wait this long for something to get built. I spend hours looking at storage systems and lighting designs and ceramic coating regimens and this preload-collar vs that threaded thing... That doesn't even count the hours watching YT videos on this or that with these trucks bouncing around in the desert.

I'm about a month away from delivery and I'm going to have to do something to distract me from visiting this forum everyday reading all this drama between Gen 1 and Gen 2 and just ******** bickering because this is starting to effect my life. Or is it "affect"... F-it - I don't know.

:)

Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the range and blow off some steam.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I waited nearly 5 months after I ordered mine. It will drive you nuts.
I ended up with a pretty large pile of mods ready to put on when it arrived plus I had a shop out of state with an appointment to install more items when I got there, then the following day (within 3 weeks of ownership), was on the dirt.

If you would like any comparison quotes on items, I would be more than happy to provide you some quotes. Bear in mind, Freedom Motorsports is located in VA so there will be sales tax unfortunately.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wait will be worth it, quit whining! I waited 3 months for mine and was scared to drive it off the lot in fear some ******* would hit me on the way home, lol. There's a few ******** g1 and g2 guys on here, don't let them distract you from the gold at the end of the rainbow.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wait is worth it. I too watched many a YT video, read and reread the same articles, combed through posts here for ideas, chat with FP once or twice a week, ping the sales guy to see if he knew any more,look at my window sticker almost daily, check ETIS around the production date, and so on.

Now, none of that crap, I drive it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

<merciful snippage of whining an moaning>

I'm about a month away from delivery and I'm going to have to do something to distract me from visiting this forum everyday reading all this drama between Gen 1 and Gen 2 and just ******** bickering because this is starting to effect my life. Or is it "affect"... F-it - I don't know.

It’s affect.

Most correct answer!
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/raptor-technical-54915/?highlight=raptor+technical

Check the background. Does that look familiar? :biggrin:
< and do NOT post about it if you do recognize it >

Hey, if you want to occupy some time and not think about your truck, pop on by. I can use a few thousand rounds linked up, need brass processed, and, as a reward I will let you wash my Raptor (under strict supervision, of course).

If by chance you manage to make it through all the brass I have ready to process, I’ll empty out some more for you to work on. This would be a serious win / win.

vooo11

Reaction score

I know I'm not even close to the worst case scenario of people waiting for their trucks to arrive but after selling my dually back in July and placing a deposit it's a cruel thing to make a person wait this long for something to get built. I spend hours looking at storage systems and lighting designs and ceramic coating regimens and this preload-collar vs that threaded thing... That doesn't even count the hours watching YT videos on this or that with these trucks bouncing around in the desert.

so I guess your getting your c/f interior and beadlock wheels? I got those items ordered too. ordered last Thursday hopeing il will get them