Sold F-150 Platinum for Raptor. Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Platinum. I felt so bad and was depressed because I did not buy a Raptor. I sold the Platinum after two weeks!!! The main reasons that I did not buy a Raptor at first are (1) the Raptor size; (2) the Raptor look (close friends as well as the family suggested that it is not right for grown man, I am 32 years); (3) the raptor cost (I am not in the US, and the Raptor in my country is available only in the luxury package which is $13 K higher than the Platinum [Raptor = $69 K and Platinum = $56 K). I really like the Raptor. Close friends and the family think that I am stupid for selling the Platinum. But every time I look over the internet and see a picture of a Raptor, I blame myself for not getting a Raptor. I also feel so bad whenever I see a Raptor in the street, but there are only four Raptors in my city. It is a big city so the chances to see a Raptor are low. I feel much better now because I am getting what I like.

I ordered a Raptor from the dealership for Ford. There is only one dealership for Ford in my country, with many branches of course. Because all Raptors were sold out from the local dealership, the dealership is shipping Raptors from the US, which will take long time (approximately 2 months), sucks! I can back off any minutes from the purchase because there is no financial obligation until the Raptor shipped to the country. I just paid $1,000 for reserving the Raptor once it arrives in the country.

Now, I have some concerns regarding Platinum vs. Raptor.
(1) Which one does ride better?
(2) How do the Raptor interior in its luxury package compare to the Platinum? I have read that the Platinum interior material is way better, is that true? Is the Raptor interior really crappy?
(3) Do you think that I will regret selling Platinum for Raptor?

Optional question, I will have the race red Raptor. Do you like this color on the Raptor? I have read in some other forum that this is the worst color on the Raptor.

I highly appreciate your answers and feedback!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ford does not export the raptor. it is a north american vehicle only. did you get any paperwork when you signed over a check?

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The platinum will ride better on the road, the Raptor will ride WAY better offroad.
2. The Raptor interior is just as nice as the Platinum. Quality, that are the same. The difference is the color schemes.
3. Hell no, you obviously love the Raptor and you will love it even more once you get behind the wheel of that bad boy. It is seriously awesome to walkout to my driveway everyday and see my bad ass Raptor sitting there.
(I got rid of my 2012 Loaded Lariet 4x4 F-150 for my Raptor and let me tell you, the Raptor kicks all other trucks ass!)

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford does not export the raptor. it is a north american vehicle only. did you get any paperwork when you signed over a check?

Ford may not export Raptors, but the dealership in my country imports them from Ford. LOL. I am positive we had Raptors here. I saw them in person in the dealership. No paper work needed. The dealership brings only four to six Raptors per year because few people are interested in buying them.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.) Ride quality, toe to toe on the street... I don't think you'll notice much difference unless you really want to nit-pick. Hit a hump at 60mph and you'll see a difference for sure.

2.) The interior isn't as nice as the platinum, but that doesn't mean it's shit either. Especially since you're getting one fully loaded. I've just got a 2010 with no options but moonroof and trailer brake and I've gotten nothing but compliments from passengers (except for rear leg room in the SCAB).

3.) From the sound of it, you would have regretted keeping the Platinum much more. Platinums are very nice, but Raptors are very FUN. Doesn't matter if you're on road or off. You'll be smiling. I've looked forward to driving mine everyday for almost 3 years now. When you're talking about a $50,000+ vehicle, never settle. Forget your friends' opinions. They're probably just jealous.

As for the Red, see #3. Drive what you want to. I love my Molten Orange no matter how much crap I get from the boring Black Raptor owners...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Platinum. I felt so bad and was depressed because I did not buy a Raptor. I sold the Platinum after two weeks!!! The main reasons that I did not buy a Raptor at first are (1) the Raptor size; (2) the Raptor look (close friends as well as the family suggested that it is not right for grown man, I am 32 years); (3) the raptor cost (I am not in the US, and the Raptor in my country is available only in the luxury package which is $13 K higher than the Platinum [Raptor = $69 K and Platinum = $56 K). I really like the Raptor. Close friends and the family think that I am stupid for selling the Platinum. But every time I look over the internet and see a picture of a Raptor, I blame myself for not getting a Raptor. I also feel so bad whenever I see a Raptor in the street, but there are only four Raptors in my city. It is a big city so the chances to see a Raptor are low. I feel much better now because I am getting what I like.

I ordered a Raptor from the dealership for Ford. There is only one dealership for Ford in my country, with many branches of course. Because all Raptors were sold out from the local dealership, the dealership is shipping Raptors from the US, which will take long time (approximately 2 months), sucks! I can back off any minutes from the purchase because there is no financial obligation until the Raptor shipped to the country. I just paid $1,000 for reserving the Raptor once it arrives in the country.

Now, I have some concerns regarding Platinum vs. Raptor.
(1) Which one does ride better?
(2) How do the Raptor interior in its luxury package compare to the Platinum? I have read that the Platinum interior material is way better, is that true? Is the Raptor interior really crappy?
(3) Do you think that I will regret selling Platinum for Raptor?

Optional question, I will have the race red Raptor. Do you like this color on the Raptor? I have read in some other forum that this is the worst color on the Raptor.

I highly appreciate your answers and feedback!

1. I say They ride better in their environments. Raptor off road, Plat on road
2. I think the Plat has a better look inside which gives it that better feeling like the leather console top on the Plat is real leather
3. I dont think you will regret at all for one thing the residual value
of the Raptor pays for its self.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The platinum will ride better on the road, the Raptor will ride WAY better offroad.
2. The Raptor interior is just as nice as the Platinum. Quality, that are the same. The difference is the color schemes.
3. Hell no, you obviously love the Raptor and you will love it even more once you get behind the wheel of that bad boy. It is seriously awesome to walkout to my driveway everyday and see my bad ass Raptor sitting there.
(I got rid of my 2012 Loaded Lariet 4x4 F-150 for my Raptor and let me tell you, the Raptor kicks all other trucks ass!)

Thanks for the feedback. I really love the Raptor. Hopefully I will love it more once I have it. As you said, the Raptor kicks all other trucks ass.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

1.) Ride quality, toe to toe on the street... I don't think you'll notice much difference unless you really want to nit-pick. Hit a hump at 60mph and you'll see a difference for sure.

2.) The interior isn't as nice as the platinum, but that doesn't mean it's shit either. Especially since you're getting one fully loaded. I've just got a 2010 with no options but moonroof and trailer brake and I've gotten nothing but compliments from passengers (except for rear leg room in the SCAB).

3.) From the sound of it, you would have regretted keeping the Platinum much more. Platinums are very nice, but Raptors are very FUN. Doesn't matter if you're on road or off. You'll be smiling. I've looked forward to driving mine everyday for almost 3 years now. When you're talking about a $50,000+ vehicle, never settle. Forget your friends' opinions. They're probably just jealous.

As for the Red, see #3. Drive what you want to. I love my Molten Orange no matter how much crap I get from the boring Black Raptor owners...

Hopefully I would be satisfied with the interior. This is the biggest issue for me now because it is really an expensive vehicle, and its interior should be good enough for what I am paying. And you are probably right about the friends. They might be a little jealous. Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I'm sure there are plenty of guys here much older than you. I know I've got a few years on you.

Speaking of that... What 20 year old could afford this truck?!?!?!?!

:perkinswhatever:

I agree with both of you. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

1. I say They ride better in their environments. Raptor off road, Plat on road
2. I think the Plat has a better look inside which gives it that better feeling like the leather console top on the Plat is real leather
3. I dont think you will regret at all for one thing the residual value
of the Raptor pays for its self.

Speaking of the leather, are the Raptor seats made of crappy vinyl? I hope not. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!