So Im officially "in" the club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to sell my little car because it was the wrong tool for the job. Sold it to my Nephew who was thrilled.

So started looking for a replacement. I used to have a heavily modified 2010 FJ Cruiser I called the Crack Rock (like an addiction to modification). Long travel, 35" Pitbull Rockers on TR HD beadlocks, etc. It got me through everything. Sold that and got a 2015 GTR... It was modified for speed (FBO + IC) and was fun but I missed the world beyond pavement. Sold that as well. Then I considered the Raptor. It seems like the perfect blend. I can tune for speed and still have travel to go most places where the road ends.

Wife asked if there were no limits, which truck would I get (we went truck shopping together and looked at Ford Platinum, Lariat and King Ranch). I said a Lightening Blue Raptor, 802A, beadlocks with no stickers. Well I found one and she went and picked it up seeing I was sent out of the country for work. Awesome wife who understands my passions. She actually loves the color the most. Did the dealer dance and managed to have a great experience (Kudos to Lone Star Ford in Houston, TX). Only asked for the windshield warranty since the F-150's like my FJ before, seem to be rock magnets and H-town has plenty of that on the roads

Picked up at MSRP on 03/31/18.

So my neighbor went with her to drive it home. I get a call from him and he was grinning from ear to ear. Big time Ford guy and said "Its just bad Ass!" LOL

Ill have to take his word on it because I wont see it until mid April...

Glad to be on here and hope to get some useful info

Attachments

• Tater Tot 2.jpg
    Tater Tot 2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Tater Tot 1.jpg
    Tater Tot 1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Blue 2.jpg
    Blue 2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Blue 3.jpg
    Blue 3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Blue 1.jpg
    Blue 1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 32

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I feel I will need to share this story with my wife. Although she granted permission and assistance, she did not procure Lucille for me so I’m going to use this story as a benchmark

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now you have two keepers! Congrats!

My wife fights me to drive the Rappy whenever she can. Happy wife, happy life.

OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard!!

Helps when the wife is on board, no?! ;)

Thanks!

Congrats on a sweet truck!

I think so too!

Welcome to FRF.

I feel I will need to share this story with my wife. Although she granted permission and assistance, she did not procure Lucille for me so I’m going to use this story as a benchmark

LOL!!! Yea she definitely won Wife of the Universe on this one.

Now you have two keepers! Congrats!

My wife fights me to drive the Rappy whenever she can. Happy wife, happy life.

Absolutely. She was hilarious at the test drive

During the test drive through the Parking lot
Dealer: You want to go for a test drive?
Tammy- Sure! You driving? Cause I don't want to drive this huge beast
Dealer: I cant so you have to
Tammy: Really?? ...OK
Dealer: So you are driving the fastest, most bad ass pick-up in the world and your doing 20 mph...
Tammy: Yup. But I drove over a dip in the parking lot so its like off-roading...
Dealer: Laughing

I cant make this stuff up! LOL

congrats, when do you actually get to drive it? lol

April 20th... Its killing me. Its like looking at the shiney new toy under the tree and being told to wait... LOL

Jackkk

Reaction score
Had to sell my little car because it was the wrong tool for the job. Sold it to my Nephew who was thrilled.

So started looking for a replacement. I used to have a heavily modified 2010 FJ Cruiser I called the Crack Rock (like an addiction to modification). Long travel, 35" Pitbull Rockers on TR HD beadlocks, etc. It got me through everything. Sold that and got a 2015 GTR... It was modified for speed (FBO + IC) and was fun but I missed the world beyond pavement. Sold that as well. Then I considered the Raptor. It seems like the perfect blend. I can tune for speed and still have travel to go most places where the road ends.

Wife asked if there were no limits, which truck would I get (we went truck shopping together and looked at Ford Platinum, Lariat and King Ranch). I said a Lightening Blue Raptor, 802A, beadlocks with no stickers. Well I found one and she went and picked it up seeing I was sent out of the country for work. Awesome wife who understands my passions. She actually loves the color the most. Did the dealer dance and managed to have a great experience (Kudos to Lone Star Ford in Houston, TX). Only asked for the windshield warranty since the F-150's like my FJ before, seem to be rock magnets and H-town has plenty of that on the roads

Picked up at MSRP on 03/31/18.

So my neighbor went with her to drive it home. I get a call from him and he was grinning from ear to ear. Big time Ford guy and said "Its just bad Ass!" LOL

Ill have to take his word on it because I wont see it until mid April...

Glad to be on here and hope to get some useful info

I also purchased my 2018 Magnetic from Lone Star and had a good purchasing experience. I'm always asked......how do you like the truck.....I always have the same response: "its fun to drive".