Rebel to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drexel003

Reaction score
Pulling the trigger and trading in my Rebel for a new Raptor. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated. Ideally want to order an '18 but getting it at MSRP seems to be a battle.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome! Keep looking (possibly out of town/state) and you'll find one.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
It's tough when trading something in, because it limits how far you can go to get a deal. If I were you I'd search high and low until I could find a good deal, then sell your truck private party

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
double a ron nailed it. expand the scope of your search. check out user Photoneffect’s Raptor Finder

call / email. tell them you’ll buy at MSRP, not over.

I’ve owned a lot of vehicles, 2 SVT’s some bikes and none of them had the crazy marketplace the Rap has.

Good luck

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm sure you'll find that the trade is an "up" trade in terms of performance, but you might have to be willing to bite the bullet on the money end. I agree with others that selling your current truck rather than trading would lessen the bleeding. Good luck, and welcome!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm sure you'll find that the trade is an "up" trade in terms of performance, but you might have to be willing to bite the bullet on the money end. I agree with others that selling your current truck rather than trading would lessen the bleeding. Good luck, and welcome!
Selling privately is harder if you still owe money to the bank. Paying the loan off and getting the title is on ordeal even for a dealer. Banks take their sweet time to release titles. It may take up to 15-20 business days. Just figure tax savings when trading too..
Welcome to the club and good luck finding a great GEN1 , oops sorry genII. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

drexel003

Reaction score
I'm in Eastern WA State. My local small town dealer sounds like they can hook me up to order one, but have no details on the '18's they could order or get in. And couldn't give me definite answer if the could do around MSRP. I have 2 people ahead of me on the Raptor "want" list, but sounds like they are willing to also get a slightly used one. I'd rather an '18 built for me and I'm likely stuck on a trade since I still owe some cheddar on my current truck. Saw one two weeks ago in person and knew I had to have one. Spokane dealer told me at least $5k over MSRP to order one, but I am now on their "wait list" for a build, but if they hose me on a price I'll decline

Last edited: