Picked up a nice 2010!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the 5.4?
Any oil change and up keep records?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I had one of the first ones built and it had the 5.4- It woke right up with intake, exhaust, and a good tune.

OP
OP
Snowsled

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the 5.4?
Any oil change and up keep records?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93k miles now. Regularly serviced at the dealer I bought it from for the last five years or so it has been in CO, per carfax. Previously in OK for a couple of years, originally sold in NC but was only there for the first 1500 miles or so.

TOOLFREEQ

Reaction score
The gas mileage on the 5.4 scab is great compared to a 6.2 screw. The 5.4 was the first Raptor I had ever driven and I think its a perfect motor for scab daily driver!) I have a friend with that exact truck and its close to 200 thousand miles and still runs great! He has yet to do anything outside of mileage interval maintenance. (Tried to buy it from him before I got mine) A lot of people were just terrified of that engine due to its history, of course most of the issues were addressed well before 2010.

OP
OP
Snowsled

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gas mileage on the 5.4 scab is great compared to a 6.2 screw. The 5.4 was the first Raptor I had ever driven and I think its a perfect motor for scab daily driver!) I have a friend with that exact truck and its close to 200 thousand miles and still runs great! He has yet to do anything outside of mileage interval maintenance. (Tried to buy it from him before I got mine) A lot of people were just terrified of that engine due to its history, of course most of the issues were addressed well before 2010.

I have read that the spark plug issue was addressed by 2010 but that seems difficult to confirm when I see a recent spark plug thread here in the 5.4 forum... Cam phaser's? Seems like a potentially major issue, not sure if it was fixed ever in the 5.4 3v.

Anyway, my last rig had a typical Porsche motor, some are known to catastrophically fail with very little warning. Used motors go for $12k, ones likely to have the same problem. Proper rebuild is $25k. Even IF the 5.4 goes **** up I can afford to replace it without taking out a second mortgage. I have no reason to suspect any problems. Sounds very healthy, pulls well, gets 15 mpg doing my driving, no complaints. The parts guy at my local dealer offered that they "never have to work on them" and there are tons of F150s around here.

I picked up coolant and a couple of qts of transfer case fluid from the dealer. trans and differential services coming right up. Then PS fluid and brake fluid. Should have it baselined before 100k, ready for the next 100k!