Paint quality issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my '18 Gen 2 Raptor on Sunday, and see a number of paint flaws. Some are chips, which may have taken place in transit, but also have some small bubbles on the fender panel, which look to be from the factory.

Has anyone had any issues with their paint quality on '18 models?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You accepted delivery with flaws in the paint?

You definitely should not have if you did.
Lucille is a ’17, but no, there were no visible paint flaws.

good luck!

oh - and Welcome to FRF. Pics. Or you are a closet new prius owner. :)

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my '18 Gen 2 Raptor on Sunday, and see a number of paint flaws. Some are chips, which may have taken place in transit, but also have some small bubbles on the fender panel, which look to be from the factory.

Has anyone had any issues with their paint quality on '18 models?

Where in nh are you from? Did you buy from nh dealer what color?

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a black on black from a dealer on the Seacoast. I won't mention the dealer until the paint problem has been addressed. Will be interesting to see how they correct, as I sense it may require some repainting.

Getting a 30" LED bar and fog lights installed next week. I've had folks recommend an after-market air intake as well, but am noodling on that one.

MoToR-HeAd13

Reaction score
Most American factory paint jobs suck. I had a few blemishes on my 2018 Raptor and all my other Fords but didn't see them until a couple of weeks after delivery. Oh well, after my first scratch all my anxiety is now over. Lol..

Stern_94

Reaction score
I have a spot on the roof of my 18 that appears to have had some contamination under it. The paint has chipped off the peak of the bump which I assume happened from washing. I went over the paint really well upon purchase but some how missed that roof defect and a couple spots along the bottom of the driver door that have contamination under the paint. I noticed these issues when doing my first wax the other day. I haven't been to the dealer yet but plan to as I have a couple other things already on the waiting list to be fixed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk