Ordering in California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtk500

Reaction score
Hello,

In 2016 I ordered a 2017 Fusion Sport from the factory since I couldn't get one loaded from any dealers. I had to wait 2 months.

2511 miles in I find the car dead in my garage. I get it jumped, take it to the dealer... Long story short, after 4 or 5 trips to the dealer they couldn't or wouldn't fix it.

After a year of this I called Ford and asked them to get it fixed. They just offered to buy it back. Now I am in the process of getting a full refund minus the 2511 good miles.

Ford has a replacement program. You can choose replacement or refund. I wanted the replacement. They note you can get a different make and model even if it is more expensive. I opted for a Raptor... I got a call from Ford telling me Ford Performance vehicles are excluded unless the problem vehicle is one. Raptor for a Raptor, for example, or GT350 for Raptor.

I switched to refund and now I am waiting on the itemized breakdown of the refund.

I found a dealer who would special order a 2018 Raptor and only charge me MSRP, but I'll have to wait 3 to 4 months.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

In 2016 I ordered a 2017 Fusion Sport from the factory since I couldn't get one loaded from any dealers. I had to wait 2 months.

2511 miles in I find the car dead in my garage. I get it jumped, take it to the dealer... Long story short, after 4 or 5 trips to the dealer they couldn't or wouldn't fix it.

After a year of this I called Ford and asked them to get it fixed. They just offered to buy it back. Now I am in the process of getting a full refund minus the 2511 good miles.

Ford has a replacement program. You can choose replacement or refund. I wanted the replacement. They note you can get a different make and model even if it is more expensive. I opted for a Raptor... I got a call from Ford telling me Ford Performance vehicles are excluded unless the problem vehicle is one. Raptor for a Raptor, for example, or GT350 for Raptor.

I switched to refund and now I am waiting on the itemized breakdown of the refund.

I found a dealer who would special order a 2018 Raptor and only charge me MSRP, but I'll have to wait 3 to 4 months.

I dont know if I should say welcome or just get it over with and call you a bullshitter. Ford don't take vehicle orders from consumers. It has to be done through a deal. So if that part is ******** how of the rest of the story is as well.

OP
OP
J

jtk500

Reaction score
"Ford don't take vehicle orders from consumers"

Dude, I mentioned it is a DEALER special order. Of course you can't call Ford and order a vehicle without a dealer. Ford handles the buy back, but you have to work with a local dealer in order to get a replacement.

OP
OP
J

jtk500

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant I had the dealer order from the factory because they didn't have any on the lot loaded. They couldn't make a dealer trade work either.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good enough. Was an aggravating day at work and I felt like being an ******* to someone and you were it.
Welcome aboard hopefully your new Raptor will be problem free.